Interior Dash & Door Trim Changeover

g60leigh

Reaction score
I have a new set of trims for my doors and dash but want to know the best way of fitting them?

I understand the dash ones just click off but do I need to take the door cards off to fit them or can the be done in situ?

cheers

no mate the door cards have to come off and also the worst bit is that the whole centre console has to come out to take the centre clip off, also the glovebox has to come out and drivers under dash trim also, jsut a tip when fitting your new ones dont bother fitting a clip above the centre console as you will have to take the console off again if you want to take the trim off again

removed a set from a car im breaking, a lot of works involved ! push fit round metal clips hold them on but as rasa4 said everything has to come apart
which ones are you fitting? i stripped the paint of the ones i removed and they have a nice aluminium finish (on ebay now)

Anyone interested in carbon fibre ones? Both for quattro (with recess for badge) and non-quattro).

i want carbon ones but dont want to pay the silly price they sell for.

No worries.

Will have pictures of the finished items shortly.

Can you PM me a guide price? I know then how best to go about the subject with the wife (or if I should just order them and claim they were always in the car)

^^^ Hahahaha!

Just paint your OEM one's black, so when you change them to CF items, she's least likely to notice the difference...

I have the CF trims and can say it finishes the interior a treat. I would like my double din panel in CF otherwise its all good, bar the fact the dash one says Quattro and i am missing 2wd of that,lol

Its not difficult to swap them just fiddly removing the centre console for the sake of one clip on the dash strip