Fog lights grilles - why different?

voteforpedro

Reaction score
10fd_1.JPG

These are the fog light grilles I picked up from eBay. The facelift ones are different as they have a flat section around the hole. The part numbers are 8D...something. I thought pre-facelifts never got front bumper fogs?

Sorry, no they're not. :)

Now I need to check that part number... could have sworn they said 8D... and I compared them with the ones that were on there already but didn't fit them. Same shape and size, except they stick out a little more so they're flush with the bumper and not inset.

it says 2000-2004 and 8E, which is a B6...

Interesting that B6 grilles fit the B5 pre-facelift bumper though.

I didn't fit them as such, but lined them up to see if they were the same shape and size, and they were. Will fit them tonight maybe to confirm. :)

I didn't fit them as such, but lined them up to see if they were the same shape and size, and they were. Will fit them tonight maybe to confirm. :)

Now then, if they do fit that opens up a whole new mod option?! Keep us posted vfp

Aye, Usually disapointed at night anyway, it's when I do my accounts! Keep us posted.

Sorry guys. Part number is indeed 8E something, so they're for the B6.

The curve is IDENTICAL though. They don't fit though. They would sit flush with the bumper and not inset, like the facelifts. The clips are different and they are slightly longer so they foul the "pillar". I could probably "make them fit" but then, what to do with the middle portion of the grille, since they won't be level?