Sports Cat \ Exhaust

Markey

Reaction score
Hello,

My gasget is blowing behind the turbo and if im going to get it replaced i thought i would do the exhaust as well.

What other options are there for sports cats other than Milltek anyone?

Any good custom exhaust manufactuers in and near Kent as i want the RS4 style tail pipes?

If all this fails ill end up with milltek but the tail pipes are just too small IMO.

Cheers..

i have mij perfomance cats fitted to mine 2.8s along with car back system, only problem is there not close to kent, there in walsall , west midlands

Yeah they are a mission from me i can not be ***** to drive that far for the exhaust. Im lazy :)

Online autosport do reasonably cheap universal sport cats (like ~£100) and they often have them listed on ebay.

I think Mark is running one of those...

If your getting a system knocked up, then fitting them shouldnt be an issue.

xs power cat backs are on ebay - 229

fitment is a mixed bag apparently

that place is cheap, £390 for a pair of fully stainless high flow cats for my 2.8! wonder if they are any good.

From what i have read so far they look to be ok quality wise i just want to find out some more. I was well suprised to find that. A Milltek one for the 1.9t is £450+...

Right the sports car arrived and the inlet into the car starts at 2.5 inch then shrinks to less than 2 1/4 on the exit anyone know the size of the standard car as mine looks larger. And what about the milltek anyone know sizes on that. Im half tempted to return it as it looks so stingy as im sure the milltek down pipe is 2.5 inch.

Will it even make a difference once its mapped i think so anyone else have any ideas?

Milltek is 2.75" on exit, fits standard turbo exhaust housing. at least they are on the 1.8t, I have the cat and exhaust

Do you not want it for sure now?

PM me a price delivered if you want and ill see what i can do :)

I have a 200 cell sports cat fitted to mine, had 2.5 outlets(ID) fitted directly into my stainless exhaust. I mounted mine under the car as my system was turbo back. IIRC the CAT was aound £60 delivered from ebay. I think its a magnaflow ???? Maybe !

these outlets are even smaller than that, im going to send it back tomorrow and get my money back less the re stocking fee which is ****.

Are you wanting the whole back box or just the tips?

As the postage on the tips would be far less as the back box weighs a fair bit.

Just the tips with any length of pipe that you have on them, so like the whole tip from box :)