Help with this bumper

H2o-uk

Reaction score
Hi guys, Just spotted this on ebay :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-car-bumper_W0QQitemZ180316990331QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item180316990331&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1299|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

I have a 1997 SE in metallic grey, and that bumper looks rather familiar. What I mean to say is, as far as I know there is no difference between S and SE bumpers unless he has headlamp washers. This leads me to believe that this could just be that the a pre face lift bumper that he ordered for a face lift car. Also looking at the mouldings around the bottom, the shape of the facelift foglamp plastics are slightly different to the shape on this particular bumper. If it is indeed a pre facelift bumper already sprayed up in the correct colour, this could be my first mod of the year :)

Any ideas

No bumper's are unique to SE models - he may well have had headlamp washers on his car, but they were an option on all non-S4 models.

That bumper's no different to the one you have, it doesn't support the fitment of foglamps either, unless you want to build brackets behind to hold them.

so what are you saying, that this could well be an S bumper and wont fit my SE. I'm not looking to facelift my car, I was planning on re painting my front bumper in the spring as it has many car parks scuffs on it, and this could be a cheap replacement.

No, I'm saying that bumper's the same as your regular pre-facelift A4.

Excellent, thanks Sienna GURU of all that is A4, I'll keep an eye on it and see how it progresses then. Do you or anyone else happen to know 1. how many shades of grey they actually did in metallic, so that I'm not gonna buy a non matching bumper (my car is the same colour as Siennas WAS) 2. how much I would be looking at ROUGH GUESS for a paint shop to do a proper respray, just so I can get an idea of how far I go in the Auction, its not really local to me.

just checked my response , sorry for too many n's in yer name Siena :)

If it helps as a guide, I just had a rear bumper on a VW Sharan that was badly scuffed painted in a non standard (yellow) colour, and cost me £120 at a local bodyshop.

I have a facelift rear avant bumper for sale and I have quotes of around £50 for a respray for it

just checked my response , sorry for too many n's in yer name Siena :)

Lol...no worries.

Give me the year of your car, not that it'll help much!

Yours is Agate Grey, but I'll give you all the shades of grey there were.

B5 A4, 1995 - 1997:

1) Amethyst Grey Pearl Effect (LZ4V)
2) Titan Grey Metallic (LY7P)
3) Agate Grey Metallic (LY7L)

B5 A4, 1998:

1) Agate Grey Metallic - (LY7L)

B5 A4, 1999:

B5 A4, 2000:

B5 A4, 2001:

I've only listed the greys, not silver, so there were only 3 shades used, with the early models having the most variations - 3.

B5 A4, 1995 - 1997:

1) Amethyst Grey Pearl Effect (LZ4V)
2) Titan Grey Metallic (LY7P)
3) Agate Grey Metallic (LY7L)

B5 A4, 1998:

B5 A4, 1999:

B5 A4, 2000:

B5 A4, 2001:

I've only listed the greys, not silver, so there were only 3 shades used, with the early models having the most variations - 3.

Siena's like a walking talking copy of ETKA. :)