AH FabricationsEM Tuning

Thread: 2.7 s4 exhaust

Reverse Gear

Status

2.7 s4 exhaust

dose anyone know much about the ss cat back systems you see alot on ebay if they are any good loud quiet ect http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/97-02-AUDI-S4-...742.m153.l1262
    thanks any one

2. # ADS
    ADS

All hail the mighty quattro!

Status
    Have a search on audizine.com in the S4 forum, pages and pages of discussions about ssac exhausts, quite a lot run them in the US cos they're so cheap, however it seemed they won't last forever and depending on which manufacturing batch your system comes it'll either fit spot on, or be an utter PITA to fit.

If you can't find what you need to know on audizine you never will!
    MRC-Powerflex-Hotchkis-Porsche-Compomtive-Vredestein-034-JHM-Apikol-EBC-FK-Labree-Vibrant-Recaro

2nd Gear

Status
    oooo, thats damn cheap!

anyone know if a S4 exhaust can be fitted to a 2.8 30v as the cat back systems look very very simular?

Reverse Gear

Status
    thanks very much for that much apreciated

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nickkeyser View Post
    oooo, thats damn cheap!

anyone know if a S4 exhaust can be fitted to a 2.8 30v as the cat back systems look very very simular?
    It's not a bolt-on fit for a V6 30V non-S4.

More of a conversion / adaptation, and not as easy as it looks.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Siena View Post
    It's not a bolt-on fit for a V6 30V non-S4.

More of a conversion / adaptation, and not as easy as it looks.
    hmm, still tempting, any idea what kind of work is needed as its a hell of a saving over a milltek or supersport!

cutting in some adapters to change the size or tiging on some bits isnt a problem. but if its miles out, and never going to sit right i will just do it right first time.

Thanks for the reply.

6th Gear

Status
    And it'll be quite loud on a non-S4 - turbochargers absorb a lot of energy, so act as pre-silencers.

I know folk that have fitted even stock S4 systems to their regular 2,4 / 2,8 30V, and they've resonated like mad.

2nd Gear

Status
    ah, thats not at all what im after! dont want to spoil the cruiseing nature of the car with a loud exhaust, just want something that sounds a bit more v6 like when you boot it.

Neutral

Status
    I am also looking for a Cat back system I too want to hear the V6 a little more without ruining the sound all together.

Matt

4th Gear

Status
    just bought one of these for mine however might have to sell it again as looks like we gonna have to move house in a few weeks but we will see .
    99 Nogaro S4 now black bonnet and roof,blackdiamond discs and pads,Hybrid K04 with uprated actuators ,Rs4 clutch custom lightweight flywheel, esp lightweight pulley set ,Rs4 intake pipes ,rs4 mounts ,full samco hose set,F-hose delete ,BMC carbon induction, full stainless exhaust with de cat pipes, custom chip,18"ultra lights,LED rear clusters,6000k xenons ,LED sides,KW coilovers,powerflex bushes ,Boost guage in pillar pod,isotta steering wheel and gearknob,B&M short shifter

3rd Gear

Status
    did you win the one that went for 156 + postage?

maybe interested in it if you do sell - would be for my s4

4th Gear

Status
    thats the one , ill let you know
    99 Nogaro S4 now black bonnet and roof,blackdiamond discs and pads,Hybrid K04 with uprated actuators ,Rs4 clutch custom lightweight flywheel, esp lightweight pulley set ,Rs4 intake pipes ,rs4 mounts ,full samco hose set,F-hose delete ,BMC carbon induction, full stainless exhaust with de cat pipes, custom chip,18"ultra lights,LED rear clusters,6000k xenons ,LED sides,KW coilovers,powerflex bushes ,Boost guage in pillar pod,isotta steering wheel and gearknob,B&M short shifter

Nez
    3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andybnwc View Post
    thats the one , ill let you know
    Did you fitted this exh system into your Audi ? if yes how is the sound of it any clips of it
    (Audi S4 351.9 PS, 603 Nm, MRC Custom Remap XS Power DP's, Cat Back Exhaust, Forge DV, RS4 Intercoolers, RS4 Breaks and Induction kit)

Traffic Exchange Site http://www.limehits4u.com/

4th Gear

Status
    No its not arrived yet , might be a while before i get it on got some home stuff to buy and really should not of bought it lol

3rd Gear

Status
    you know where I am... not too far to pick up as well

6th Gear

Status
    I need somebody to be the guineapig for one of these as I'm considering one myself.

3rd Gear

Status
    I have seen a couple of these fitted

good sound but possible fitment issues, plus the challenge of running with no cats

All hail the mighty quattro!

Status
    Looking on a few forums everyone wants a guineapig for one of these!
    MRC-Powerflex-Hotchkis-Porsche-Compomtive-Vredestein-034-JHM-Apikol-EBC-FK-Labree-Vibrant-Recaro

3rd Gear

Status
    if someone want to buy me one then happy to have a go :D