More bad luck

diesel-a4

Stoned As Fuk
Reaction score
Well after fixing bit after bit after bit I have now crashed me A4.

Front bumper, rear bumper, left headlight, exhaust is hanging lose. To dark to take pics but it could of been worse. Shes still starting but has a very bad water leak and a loud squealling sound.

I was coming round a bend simply to hard on a really slippy road and she just went from under me, front end hit the grass verge, spun then the tail hit it same verge.

Ill snap up some photos 2moro in daylight along with a full damage report.

I think once shes fix its time to sell. :keule::fart:

Bad news mate. I've been driving very cautiously in the country, high hedges, not enough traffic to work the grit into the road, even with the quatty I've had a couple of wiggles.

Providing none of the mounting points are particularly 'bent' it should be plug and play for replacing the damaged bits. Sorry again mate...

Yes the roads can be treacherous.

Hope it's an easy repair.

oh well m8, just think yourself lucky that you didn't hit any other cars

I have a silver 1.8tqs avant rear bumper with slight scuff for sale, I have all the bumper mounts for it also.

what is yours?

well i just had a look at her in some daylight, cean forgot to take photos but below is a list i can see so far:

front and rear bumper
cross member
Rads (2 of them as i have air con)
Need to rebake my front 2 rims
then some body work, 1/4panel has been pushed back a bit nothing major just time and money

cheers jcb, but shes a 98 1.9TDi SE Saloon

well a bit of luck. a breakers hs taken in a a4 and is willing to let me take the car for £200 all in. going 2moro to have a look at her see how she stands. only thing is shes no imbo key, only the valet key which strats the engine but she then cuts out.

All i know about her is shes blue 1996 1.9TDI

So does anyone know of a way to tuen off the imbo so i cna drive her instaed of paying for a tow. I know someone is gonna pipe up with something to do with stealing cars but I have been on here long and many a fokjls have seen my issues, If anyone has any ideas then PM me.

Cheers all

you basically cant override the immo unit. its built into the engine management system.

What you could do, assuming your car is of similar age, is take your engine ECU, immo box and ignition barrel along, swap them into the breaking car, and it should run. Bit of a faff, but its probably cheaper than getting it towed (assuming the car will drive) and the only hard part would be swapping the ignition barrels over. infact you could even leave the breaking cars barrel in place for the ignition, and just place your cars key inside your cars pickup for the immobiliser, and connect that to the immo1 unit rather than the one attached to the ignition barrel.

to much hassle am afriad. I think i have fround someone with vag tacho to pull the SKC code from the immo box so i cna use vagcom to code a new key. ust waiting on a reply to my PM lol

as for the car, shes a white 96 1.9TDi is realy good nick. Have the engine sold already to another fella and maybe the gearbox so i just might break even.