Cool A4

aragorn

"Stick a V8 in it!"
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e296/dhdev/mallory park/IMG_0294resized.jpg

just seen that when looking thru some pics of a track day at mallory park, looks pretty awesome....

Just wondering if its possible to get those rear arches cheaply using fibreglass or similar? ie are there any kits available or is it a case of getting the RS4 panels from a breakers and cracking out the welder? What about fibreglass front panels? ie bonnet wings etc, are these available?

Dialynx RS4 Rep. track car.
Breakers? You'll be lucky to find an RS4 sitting in a yard.

Panels?

I might have a source, in an alternative material...

...All depends on how serious folk are...

Andy's rear arches are Siedel Tuning items, I believe he bought the car already built.

I know a couple of guys who've bought arches from salvaged RS4's to build their widebodys. There's one in progress as we speak!

Put the in the Gallery section and post up, there was a guy on German ebay that was selling Fiberglass arches and bit but they still were not cheap.

showphoto.php

standard rear arch widened

Yeh my arches are FG i believe they were circa the £300 mark if my reciept is correct.

time too get the air saw and welder out then! What happens to the door bit tho is it weld on bits

aye thats his pic, looks like hes used an RS4 door, then shaped the rear to fit that, very cool.

Andy.B £300 seems like a sensible price (the siedl tuning kit is 2 grand), where abouts you get those from?

i used rs4 rear doors then re worked the rear arch to the correct shape.its a fair bit of work but saves having to cut out too much metal,and also a bit cheaper than the near 1k for a rear quarter

I would like to see the other side of that mod Bahnstorm, the one with the filler cap.
I am having my rears widened at the moment

also, isnt the rs4 rear door a different shape to a saloon? how do you get round taht difference?

Avant rear doors are the same as sedan, only the glass / frame differs, you just transfer your original sedan one over.

I dont know where they are from really, all i know is they came from Germany around 11 years ago. Sorry i cant be much help :blush: