Steering feels naff

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Having some issues with my car being a bit squirmy. At low low speeds the steering feels slightly notchy and even driving across a painted line can make the steering wheel writh about a bit and teh car pull. Now all the suspension arms have been changed bar the TCA's and the horseshoe looking fella's between the lower arm and ARB.

What can I look at as I want more power but need the car to drive straight before parting with money on go faster bits.

it's usually the big banana shaped arm's bushes have slight wear in them that causes this effect, even more so with worn tyres too!

I'm onto my 7th set of arms in 5 1/2 yrs!!!! but i do drive it hard on occasion!:rolleyes:

i'd be looking at getting a full computerised alignment check done.

I've just had ours done, and it has shown up some interesting anomalies, one of the rear wheels is toeing out by half a degree, while the other is pretty much parallel... and the front camber is -1.2deg on one side and -0.4deg on the other. The camber can be fixed by moving the subframe around, but the garage didnt do that as i'd only asked them to do the tracking, but the rear toe probably indicates that the rear beam itself is slightly bent, perhaps a previous owner has hit a kerb with it or somesuch.

You say the arms are new, what type did you fit? As the original cheapo arms i fitted failed within 4 months of use (5k miles or so) and wrecked two tyres!

Who did the alignment mate as mine is a pile of poo since i had it tracked.. Im going for a proper 4 wheel computer alignment once i have moved house (again).