vagparts.com gone bust avoid!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thor

Reaction score
Hi guys not quite sure where to post this - but I had ordered some parts for my A2 on the 11th December - money has gone out but have not been able to contact vagparts.com via phone fax or email - I am starting to think that they have gone under.... Anyone know different?
I dont live locally so can't drive down there easily....

Heard from a number of sources that they have gone bust. How much had you paid?

I am under the impression Martyn has had to stop taking orders, but will be honouring currently outstanding orders.
They are decent guys...and I'm sure you'll be fine.

It's a shame when the good guys like that suffer.

If you paid by credit card, or visa debit, you should be able to contact your card operator and get them to do a chargeback on the payment and retreive your cash. If it was maestro this isnt usually possible though, but speak to your bank as they may have some system in place for this.

Bad news if they've gone bust, but thats no reason to be ignoring phone calls or emails if they intend to fulfill their orders that have been placed. Seems to me that ignoring calls etc would be what you'd be doing if you had no intention of shipping any parts...

I payed with visa debit card - but i rather have a refund and go elsewhere than wait for a month on some urgent parts! that they might ship out if they can be bothered!

Very sad news if that is the case, I've haven't had a huge amount of stuff from them over the years but they were always extremely helpful, even if that didn't end up with them making a sale......
Hope everyone gets their money back if the goods don't turn up though!

I had placed an order with them over a week ago for a RS4 Grille I have since got one from Phil on here, when I spoke to them they said that it had been processed and I couldnt cancel the order.

Still waiting for it but they have not taken the funds from my Credit card as yet?? So maybe I will be ok and they hadnt processed the order.

Matt

Calm down, calm down. Don't start panicking yet. I'm sure the lads are trying to wrap up their business as effectively as they can rather than sitting and answering the phone all day, it's no easy task shutting your company down :bye:. I'm not sure how many orders are outstanding but they will be filled. Be honest, their delivery times were never that quick anyway were they lol & it IS Christmas, you've got to appreciate how much mail is out there at the moment too. It's just taken 9 working days to get an order delivered from Play.com
I think I must have been one of the last orders to vagparts. Unaware of the situation I placed an order through the webshop at about 9pm Sunday night & recieved my parts this morning (Saturday)
You'll get your stuff lads, don't worry.
Si.

Shame i phoned them up once asked for a price for a heater flap motor, they told me that these rarely go and advised me to check a few other things 1st, which i did and found out the motor was fine.

They have not "gone bust". They are closing down due to the strong Euro exchange rate.

Shame, as they are very well respected oem parts supplier. I am sure they will see all of the orders through.

I have an order (over 200 quid) which went through on 11/12 which I have not
received yet. Anybody have any advice? It was hard to contact vagparts at the best
of times but seems to be impossible at the moment. I'm tempted to get in touch with
my credit card company and see what the can do. Trouble is, I'd rather have the parts
than start trying to get my money back. Is it worth waiting until after Christmas? If I
could just talk them and find out if the order went through or not....

I have an order (over 200 quid) which went through on 11/12 which I have not
received yet. Anybody have any advice? It was hard to contact vagparts at the best
of times but seems to be impossible at the moment. I'm tempted to get in touch with
my credit card company and see what the can do. Trouble is, I'd rather have the parts
than start trying to get my money back. Is it worth waiting until after Christmas? If I
could just talk them and find out if the order went through or not....

I'm in exactly the same situation.
havn't been able to get hold of them since they closed.
Don't want to get the bank on the case untill I can confirm that their defo not honoring the order.

I've ordered parts and just received mine, I know of several others that have got their orders too. It depends what you've ordered and where the parts are coming from, some stuff is held in stock, other stuff comes from Germany.
The title of this thread is very wrong & misleading. Vagparts have NOT gone 'bust' they've taken a conscious decision to wrap up the company and there's no need to 'avoid' them as they are not trying to sell anything.
I've known Martyn for several years and he's an honourable and decent chap. You will get your parts. I will say though that communications from vagparts on the hole affair are poor, a message on the website informing people of the situation would have been nice...
Si.

I too know Martyn. He is personal friend of mine and has been for many years. I'm saddened by the news but more saddened by the rumours...so, I'm going to post a section of a personal email from Marty which will hopefully explain things and put peoples mind at rest.

Martyn @ VAG Parts:
To say I feel gutted don't even come close.... there's nothing we can do, it is the end. We went to see the liquidators today, the decision is made. We will clear up what we can, fulfil any order in the system, refund those we cannot fulfil and wind it up.

I hope Martyn doesn't mind me posting this and I hope this puts peoples mind at rest.
Martyn and the guys are decent people.
They are trying to sort out outstanding orders...and they have just lost their business that has taken 7 years of building, so please bear that in mind if answering *your* phonecall isn't top of their list.

Martyn has been helpful to many people over the years...he's a true Gent and the services of VAG Parts will be missed.

He explained fully the reasons why this has come about, in the email, which is none of my business, he didn't need to do, and I have no intention of repeating.
Lets not forget, Martyn moved his family to the other side of the country to build the business...so they have bigger problems than delayed orders. None the less, he's trying to do the right thing by all their customers.

I'm going to lock the thread now, as the title is misleading. I hope people understand.
Please be patient lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.