Are these B6 Aero wiper arms?

voteforpedro

Reaction score
3099982385_8052c6710c.jpg

3099982393_a4274c967a.jpg

Got them from eBay a while ago but never used them because they're not a standard fitment.

Not B6 parts.

B6 arms begin with 8E0.

955000.png

Parts are 6a on the photo and the image shows an Aero wiper... but how do they fit?! I thought there's a pin which slides through the mounting point on the blade but these look quite different...

...Siena?!

Hmm, seem different to mine.

So the B7 ones have different attachment points, unless they're the same, and I can't remember.

I bought both the arms and blades at the same time, and they were a doddle to mate together.

Hmm, seem different to mine.

So the B7 ones have different attachment points, unless they're the same, and I can't remember.

I bought both the arms and blades at the same time, and they were a doddle to mate together.

Thanks for your help. I might just take the arms down to GSF and see what they've got. Then go on eBay and get them for half the price. :)

Cheers.

P.S.

What do you do if the mounting holes are a different diameter? When I put some Mk5 Golf Aero blades/arms on my Mk3 Golf I just got the trusty Dremel out and made the holes bigger. :laugh:

Probably not the best option since they're splined for a reason... but they worked nonetheless. :)

The B6/7 spindles are much, much larger than B5 ones, so the arms had massive holes.

I had metal hollow cones turned to act as adapters, so the cones slid over the smaller B5 spindles, then the B7 arms fitted a treat.

If you want aero wipers for the B5, the easiest ones to get for fitment (as in no adaption what so ever) are Passat arms and blades

they look the same as teh 8E arms I got from germany eBay
As sienna says, needs cones.
they sit too far up for my liking.

wil check the part number

Sienna, do you want mine so you can have two passenger side ones?

@ Jcb: Thanks, but I've already purchased an extra passenger side one.

Just need to find time to transfer the old arm over to the new base, to retain a lower profile.

flared pin fitting isn't it. do you have to drill it out?

No, didn't have to drill out, as it's much larger than the B5 spindles.

The adapters were made to "step-down" the larger items to match the much smaller shafts.

Siena - they look very similar to yours. I tried the O/S arm on and the holes are a fraction too big and they have that distinctive elbow I pointed out in the other thread. Either way, I don't like them so back on the 'bay they go. :)

have some adapter cones if you want....

£5 and I will post them to you for free ;)

I know they fit because I ran those wipers for about a year before I swapped them for passat items.
they are also conical so will fit most shapes as you tighten the nut.
mine are brass.....

bling

What are the part numbers of the Passat wiper arms? There are two listed on VAGCAT:

Left: 3B2955409B and ...C
Right: 3B2955410B and ...C

Any ideas?