Impressive

aragorn

"Stick a V8 in it!"
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
That's awesome!! I've got a bit of garage space.. not enough for the A4 but a Nova/Corsa would slot in nicely. PROJECT???

What is he going to use to cool the thing down? I don't see an intercooler.

i presume that bits not done yet? edit: you can see the cooler in the images nearer the top, when he still has the old turbo fitted. I presume he just hasnt plumbed them back in yet, or is perhaps building something larger?

Lee: Problem with nova's are they're all rotten, and you'll pay a LOT (like 1-2k) for a rust free example! You can pick up a tidy corsa for buttons though. Strip it out and drop in a C20LET for 200hp out the box then get tuning :D Set of phase chips and a decent intercooler gets you 280hp with an otherwise stock engine, which will make a little corsa shift a bit :)

The vauxsport guys are a spot on group too, just the kinda chaps you want to know when undertaking a project!

What is he going to use to cool the thing down? I don't see an intercooler.

He's got the pipe for the FMIC from the turbo passing under the front lip (in one of the pics) so it sit up front just like on the first engine but he's not fitted the cooler back on yet in the pics.

This pic..

novahome021.jpg

i presume that bits not done yet? edit: you can see the cooler in the images nearer the top, when he still has the old turbo fitted. I presume he just hasnt plumbed them back in yet, or is perhaps building something larger?

Lee: Problem with nova's are they're all rotten, and you'll pay a LOT (like 1-2k) for a rust free example! You can pick up a tidy corsa for buttons though. Strip it out and drop in a C20LET for 200hp out the box then get tuning :D Set of phase chips and a decent intercooler gets you 280hp with an otherwise stock engine, which will make a little corsa shift a bit :)

The vauxsport guys are a spot on group too, just the kinda chaps you want to know when undertaking a project!

Maybe next summer if the funds are available :thumbsup:

a front wheel drive biscuit tin with over 400bhp.........

hope he has shares in pirelli!

a few pages previous he has pics of the banded steels with drag slicks fitted that he has on the front...

You can argue about the sillyness of putting that power into such a car, but either way the engineering is impressive. As the guys say in the thread, its really pushing the boundarys of what that engine can do, and its basically some bloke in his shed thats doing it, rather than a big tuning firm with millions behind them.

Impressive, looks like the guys onto a winner. I remember them putting the 2.0t's in the Nova's way, way, way, way, way back in the day, thought it was bonkers then.
Why o why then has he chosen carebear / Powderpuff / bubblegum blue?!!!! :puke2:

I'm starting to feel old:- I bought Max Power for a little while from '96 on (I was 15, OK?) and the world was very much experiencing a Kawasaki Green Nova With Calibra Turbo Running Gear Swap phase.

I never had a boyracermobile. Bit of a shame really. Impressionable teenage girls loved orange Fiestas with TSWs and £30 Bass tubes.... Allegedly.