£1.99 eBay bargain facelift grill + a can of Plastidip = ?

I have just done my Rs4 stylle lower grills with exactly the same stuff.
will post some pictures but it came out great.
got some free metal mesh from a workmen down the road, matches the size of the RS4 grill perfectly

Stupid question probably, but what is plastidip?

Has the chrome been removed using this or sprayed over?

http://www.plastidip.co.uk/index2.cfm

Plastidip is just rattle can paint but it leaves a nice OEM textured look, is very matt (no shine to it) and will paint straight over the chrome, lightly scuffed with 240 grit. I used Hammerite first time and it wouldn't stick but this stuff worked a treat.

Looks great, thanks for the info. Did you do the whole grill or does the chrome part unclip for painting?

Looks great, thanks for the info. Did you do the whole grill or does the chrome part unclip for painting?

I separated the outer grill from the rest (just a few clips around the edge), sanded it with some 240 grit then gave it a few coats. :)

Nice one, may try that myself if I can find a bargain priced grill. Looks great mate.

Got a grille from 2001 B5 for £10 + postage if anyone interested?

I got a can of proper pastidip which you do actually dip the grill in.
helped me as themetal was much too thin

I bagged a cheapo facelift off ebay too and colour coded to replace my RS4

Picture126.jpg

not seen it done before but was inspired by the insanely expesive Oettinger grille some of the yanks on audizine run run

I bagged a cheapo facelift off ebay too and colour coded to replace my RS4

Picture126.jpg

not seen it done before but was inspired by the insanely expesive Oettinger grille some of the yanks on audizine run run

More pics of your car please, particularly the front bumper. :)

what wheels are they? they look the doggs on there!

Dirty I know, but here is mine.
S4 bumper, RS4 grill, bumper has had the centre bars removed (haven't finhsed the middle one!) and the OEM grills replaced with building mesh plastidipped. side vents have had the 1.8t stock foglight housing welded in to accept the existing fogs ,just need to move the FMIC down a couple of inches to make some room.
IMAG0308-1.jpg

IMAG0309.jpg