alright i give in.

Adam-D

Reaction score
not the worst of problem but it really

really

annoys me,

the drivers and occasionly passenger door.
more so when its wet??

but the ****** keep bouncing back, and not latching shut properly
ive tried adjusting the catch, in out up and down, even with a small angle. and its still doing it.

grrrr

any ideas?

WD40? Is there any play or looseness in the interior door handles? Maybe the catch not return properly?

door handles seem fine, it seems to be the catch mech, ive tried wd40, and a couple of thicker lubricants.

happened on my audi 90, its a new cathc for you I am afraid. is the latch dropping when the door is open means it slamms againts the doodr pin or do you mean it isn;t lining up?

the latch isnt dropping, its catching and going on the first click, but the second one where it shuts firmly it bounces back. really doin my head in to the point i would rather take my xr4x4 or mk4 si to work.

im guessing a new catch would solve it easy'r that attempting to adjust the ****** again.

how much is a catch?

second hand... got mine for about £5-10, it was shiny....

The catch on the pillar is adjusted too tight, slacken it off and move it outwards slightly as the door latch isnt able to swing to the 2nd position to catch properly

I have this problem on passenger side , i bent the frame out slightly and it seemed to do the trick but this sounds a better option. How do you move it out , do you mean further to side of car , will it not just bang back in again over time?

i have pushed it upwards on a slight angle, it seems to have help'd

but i think its simply down to it getting worn