Bass sub woofer location

Bradley

Reaction score
I have 2 500 watt kenwood subs, powered by a 1000 watt amp.

When should i locate them? At the moment they are in a ported twin box. Is it worth building an enclosure in the boot to have them in each back corner? or leave them in the box?

Any sugestions?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

I have a 99.5 A4 with a non-folding rear seat. I have been thinking about installing a sub in a box somewhere in the boot. Is the metalwork behind the rear of the seat and under the rear shelf likely to have a significant impact on the quality of the bass coming through to the cabin?

Also, does anyone have a wiring diagram, photo, or a detail description of outputs, for the rear of a concert head unit?

Dynamatting is fairly expensive but maplins sell Brown Bread sound dead which is the same stuff for a lot less price

S-Kont is the switched ignition live, K-Bus is the CAN-BUS.
The power to the rear is about a 5 amp rating, you definately don't want to hook a high power amp up to this. You need to run a meaty 40-60amp cable directly from the battery for a sub amp. There are threads on here showing you the best location.
Halfords superstores sell the Audi keys (£3.99).
The pre-outs for the rears would be the best ones to use, personally I'd use a 4 channel amp, with 2 channels feeding the rear speakers, and 2 channels bridged for the sub, and by pass the feeble rear amp. The remote on lead is also on the same loom so all you need to do is make up a mini RCA/remote on loom which you can piggy back onto the Audi feed. There are front pre-outs, but it's a pain to try and get to these without rewiring.