where does the rear washer line run on an avant?

jcb

Reaction score
inside or outside for the length of the car?
pump is at the front, I have a wet rear passenger footwell and no spray at the back.
if it runs inside anyone know where?

inside or outside for the length of the car?
pump is at the front, I have a wet rear passenger footwell and no spray at the back.
if it runs inside anyone know where?

Its definitely on the inside of the car as when I bought my A4 Avant a few years ago one of the first things I noticed was the fact that no washer fluid was reaching the rear wiper....
Traced it to the washer pipe that had popped apart at a union in the front passenger footwell up near the glovebox (buried under the carpet), fixed that and has been fine ever since.
At the same time I also discovered the now-common phenomenon of the pipe carrying fluid through the rear wiper motor corroding and causing water leaks into the rear tailgate and the washer motor mechanism itself, put a replacement motor in and that has been fine ever since too......

had a problem with mine no water from back traced line to drivers side, pipe runs in the roof on mine connection had come apart and was filling the boot. but mine (99my) runs from the tailgate onto the drivers side then along the drivers side following the wiring. if you pull the side trims from the boot you should see which side it runs or just pull up the back seat

On the Avant, how the heck do you get into the bridging wire from the tailgate to the body?... I think I've got a bvreak here, pain in the ****. Any hints?

if you mean the wires that run from the body to the tailgate through the rubber boot its just a case of pulling off the boot and peeling it back to get to broken wires. fiddly repair at best of times. ideal way is disconnect loom from tailgate pull back into car extend wires so new wires are now in the boot and replace loom good luck

uuuurghhh..Cheers, Hadn't thought of that approach.
p.s. JCB... sorry for high jacking your post!

****** outlaw!

Its worth looking above the drivers side rear wheel arch, there is a union there which comes apart, usually when the rear jet has frozen. I have wrapped mine in insulating tape and hasnt been a problem since.

Watch the front one in the footwell, when this leaks it runs straight into a multi connector block and if not cleaned will cause failure of rear lights. WD will sort this out.