parts help!

butski99

Reaction score
Hello,
I have recently purchased a 1999 2.4 SE,
I love driving the car, but have a couple of questions.
When i picked up the car there was a rubbery squeeking sound from the front end, i thought it would be a noisy boot or gator, but from reading many threads it seems like it's the bushes, i then found out how much they are to replace:slapped:, the clutch pedal is also biting high, then found out about dual mass flywheel and cost:slapped::slapped:
I have seen some cheep suspension arm sets, but have read they don't last long.
Are there any suitable parts from GSF as i get a GOOD discount there.
Sorry for so many questions for my first post.
Lee.

Welcome aboard, Lee.
No worries asking questions, that's how we all learn.

The front end noise is almost certain to be the front suspension arms, upper and lower. A common B5 / B6 / B7 malady.

But no harm in getting it checked out properly, just to be on the safe side - not nice to buy replacements, have them fitted, get the car tracked, only to discover the noise is still there...

I replaced all mine with OEM parts from Audi, not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

An alternative is the "Meyle" kit. Not OEM, but better than most of the rubbish out there.

B5 clutches tend to bite high as standard, as long as it's not slipping, or juddering, I'll leave it well alone.

Yes, dual mass flywheels aren't cheap, I have a single mass to fit to mine, with an RS4 clutch, S4 6-speed box, and S8 4,2L V8, once the weather gets warmer - a long way away though!

Hello,
I have recently purchased a 1999 2.4 SE,
I love driving the car, but have a couple of questions.
When i picked up the car there was a rubbery squeeking sound from the front end, i thought it would be a noisy boot or gator, but from reading many threads it seems like it's the bushes, i then found out how much they are to replace:slapped:, the clutch pedal is also biting high, then found out about dual mass flywheel and cost:slapped::slapped:
I have seen some cheep suspension arm sets, but have read they don't last long.
Are there any suitable parts from GSF as i get a GOOD discount there.
Sorry for so many questions for my first post.
Lee.
Welcome!
....basically what Siena said....:rolleyes:.
If you're into trawling for answers and just curious about things check AUdi-sports FAQ section. Another great source of info, even if it is American is www.audiworld.com , a wealth of knowledge on there and if we've gone to bed then they're usually just getting going.
I hope you enjoy your B5 mate, I've had loads of cars and driven loads that weren't mine :whistle2:... you've made the right decision.
....although, you may have prefered a quattro :racer:.

regarding the arms either gsf or euro car parts do 2 differently priced sets one are cheap crap and they also do some more expensive ones (will try and get teh brand name) which I have been told by a VW technician are the same parts as OEM but debranded
hope this helps