Washer Jet Upgrade?

NineNails

Proud sponsor of the snack food industry
Reaction score
Evenin'
I'm getting fed up of the water pistols that are supposed to be washer jets. I've got Aero wipers fitted and they are so efficient that the lame spray pattern I get off the nozzles is just not up to the job of clearing all the crap off. I've had them off & cleaned them out but it just seems to be the way they are...Rubbish.
I'm sure I've read / heard somewhere that there is another more modern spray type jet that has the same foot-print as a B5? Anyone know of anything?
Si.

You could fit B7, or A2 washer jets.

They have a fan-like spray pattern, far more superior to our regular twin-hole ones.

If you fit these, make sure you use the correct washer fluid - it's green, and quite cheap from Audi.

The regular blue stuff clogs the very fine nozzles, you can't clear them with a pin either.

would be also interested to know do keep us informed of which ones you get and prices.

Thanks for the replies. I've just found a thread on the B7 forum about fan jets. User M7R has fitted Passat items Part no 5MO 955 986 9B9. I've got to get a couple of bits from vagparts so I'll ask Martyn about them.
Si.

Would they only fit facelift cars where the washer jets fit underneath the bonnet?

@ BT: Can't remember if they'll only fit facelift hoods.

I know for a fact stock B5 facelift jets can't be fitted to pre-facelift cars, but I'm sure within the VAG range, there may be fan nozzles that can be used above the hood, as opposed to under it.

I'll have a look tomorrow, and let you guys know.

@ BT: Can't remember if they'll only fit facelift hoods.

I know for a fact stock B5 facelift jets can't be fitted to pre-facelift cars, but I'm sure within the VAG range, there may be fan nozzles that can be used above the hood, as opposed to under it.

I'll have a look tomorrow, and let you guys know.

I have facelift nozzles fitted to my prefacelift. I just dremeled a square in the underside of the bonnet for them to clip into and re-reouted the wiring and water feeds when i had the bonnet smoothed to remove the washer jets

Yes Mark, that works fine.

I'm referring to those with pre-facelift hoods, that don't want to punch holes in the underside, and have to weld up the original holes, so a respray is required...

I have a set of these passat fan jets for my 8P to fit which I might do tomorrow, they are heated & are same fitment as the 8P as checked on a trial run fitting evening, but not as deep so requires some fixing in place with glue/sealant underneath, but will work just the same I reckon, they fit on the plastic trim hidden under the bonnet near the wipers, look identical at a glance to oem 8P's tbh, I guess with some modding of existing fittings you could stick these on the B5/8L aswell, its only a 2 wire plug & a small pipe anyway so that parts a doddle

ahhh bisto, what would we do without a dremel & glue huh, lol

well glue to hold in position & sikaflex to seal it up properly, got 12 tubes arriving tomorrow funnilly enough, lol & thats no lie either, finish of my underside of the S3 skirts so water tight to prevent any paint damage later on given road crap, salts etc

I added the dewalt grinder to my 36volt kit recently & feck me does that go well for cordless grinder, worked wonders on the front bump bar to fit around the S3 bumper, took the angles of in literally a minute if not seconds, just wish the batteries were smaller, ironic they call them Nano now, yeah at that size, urm rethink of name I'd say needed.

All I'm after is something to go in the original holes on a B5. I don't want to be grinding, cutting stuff about.
Si.

anybody got a price for these nozles?i think they would be much better than the 2 hole ones.

Anyone checked out skoda fitment? I'm guessing it may be the same as VW golfs... if I can remember through the wine haze I'll giev it a go....
...anyone got snow yet?

I'd post up prices for various fan nozzle jets from various VAG cars.

Already been accused by a member of being too commercial, so just keep on searching.

Siena said:
I'd post up prices for various fan nozzle jets from various VAG cars.

Already been accused by a member of being too commercial, so just keep on searching.
So are you saying you won't help on this? You could always PM me some info or mail me at audifan(at)tiscali.co.uk.
Don't let some miserable ******* stop you from trying to help folk out matey.
Si.

I think supplying part numbers and list prices is no problem, anyone could do that. Its just the open advertising that casused the offence etc.

eg
here is the part numbers blah blah blah, and we can get them for you etc etc
Rather than just supplying the part numbers and letting the end user choose to come to you as some companys spend a fortune to advertise on here and would probably be well ****** if you were able to blatently steal custom from them on a sie they sponsor.

At least thats my take on it, no offence meant, just how i see it

nicely explained :respekt:, posted on the other thread now

That's really great work Rich :applaus:
But that's on a B7, those jets aint going to fit a B5 bonnet
I'm still none the wiser if anything will fit the B5 :search:
Si.

hmmm. Good point. You know, I'm quite happy with the spread and amount of pressure / water I get. Have you checked the pump and line out for blockages?

I will have a butchers at my facelift ones, I know for a fact they are not heated so there would be wiring involved.

mine freeze at precisely -4degrees, regardless of how much crappy garage screen wahs I stick in. need some proper -20 50:50 methanol stuff!

there's a wire going to the jets on our pre-facelift, which i just presumed meant they were heated...

Runs up the offside of the bonnet beside the hinge, Craigs S4 has it too.

I think they just burn out and stop working though, as ours have frozen before too

I think supplying part numbers and list prices is no problem, anyone could do that. Its just the open advertising that casused the offence etc.

eg
here is the part numbers blah blah blah, and we can get them for you etc etc
Rather than just supplying the part numbers and letting the end user choose to come to you as some companys spend a fortune to advertise on here and would probably be well ****** if you were able to blatently steal custom from them on a sie they sponsor.

At least thats my take on it, no offence meant, just how i see it

Wanted to reply to this as I feel its ridiculous tbh, just my opinions & adding some other POV aswell but I couldnt agree less TBH & to consider Siena as commercial is funny in itself, countless times the guys helped people on here & tbh I would never think he's in this for profit given the sources of parts we all know to goto, he has alot of experience so if he knows sources for parts then why not offer to help, if he gets a beer out of it then fair play if he saves me money overall, cant begrudge someone for that whatsoever, that alone is becoming extremely anal for a forum, really is, cause at end of day its a forum & tbh I've done it & number of us have & for me it wasnt profit in this it was because I would get a better price than maybe the stealers would do direct to yourselves maybe so I wanted to help them get a fair price for the part aswell, its not as you put it most times, some of us genuinely like to help others & save them money & as for sponsors on here, I know at least 1 that tbh doesnt deserve anyone's money so why worry about that, if I can get a part cheaper for someone then I will try my best, also sponsors know how it works on forums so they take the rough with smooth, its how it goes & has been since the inception of a forum

Starting to remind me of S3 Big Andy's issue on the S3Talk forum which to me was ridiculous in itself, really was as no direct advertising as in banners etc, just as we all do say whose done good work & who hasnt.

To add what exactly is different about what Siena maybe offered & then someone whose not a company starting a group buy, do we moan at them as they dont all do it for love do they, they make a few bucks probably & as I said if it saves me money then why shouldnt they as they spend the time to get the parts, send them out & originally source a supplier.

For me Siena post what you want mate cause I dont see the harm if its helping others on here in a non commercial way, doing a favour at end of day

& to add one last thing, RobinA3 does a very good kit over on the 8P section for interior lighting, same thing & he doesnt get moaned at so cant see the problem whatsoever & his is in the sig aswell & we all know over there he's making hardly anything & actually doing favour/helping people out even if he gets a beer out of when the oem kit runs into the hundreds & his is like £50, so difference is exactly??

Sorry to open up an old thread, but has anyone managed to upgrade their water pistol jets to fan jets on their facelift B5 yet?

Just has a look at my facelift ones as I promised 6 months aga
PN# 8do 956 988 A

the clip holding it to the underside of the bonnet appears to be different to the B7 ones shown in teh linked "how to".
these don't have the oval cover shown and just have a square plug style mount that goes straight into the square hole in the bonnet.

nothing to stop you "fixing it" your own way as the electrical and water connectors appear to be the same.

IMAGE_079.jpg

The only ones that VW or Audi flagged up are the 6E0 955 986 B, and these don't look at all right? The PN 8D0 956 988 A didn't seem to exists. Is there any other way of finding the correct part number?