Reaction score
how much are they worth

2 brand new pirellis
2 michlien about half done

235/45/r17

all been re-painted in vw silver, and the insides of the wheel painted back
2 are curbed all way round on outside lip

Image012.jpg

easiest way to tell is to run a completed items search on ebay.

Takes a bit of raking as there are hundereds of unsold "Buy it Now" rims listed on there by dealers, but a very quick check there (i went thru the first 3-4 pages of the search "audi 17 alloys") shows that no 17" rims sold for more than £150

saying that, there are a few like yours that have gone for a bit more, £250ish.

I'd say £300 is top dollar for a set of rims like that, and they'd have to be spot on, not kerbed etc.

I lost out on a pair like those, (do you have a spare same?) with plenty of tred for 180 (incl. spare).

250? You have include delivery!

i dont have a spare.

and no it doesnt include delivery, i will however package them up ready to be collected.

2 tyres are brand new pirreli and 2 are half worn michelien

honestly if 2 are kerbed id say your lucky to get £200​

2nded.. List with 180 reserve, anything above is a bonus. Do what youwant with shipping, if someone wants them bad enough they'll do what ever over the auction price to get them.

I find that tyres generally have little impact on the price alloys sell for. Perhaps a little, but if you compare sales of alloys with say 4 tyres with 4mm left, and another set with a pair at 4mm and a pair brand new, there's generally very little difference. Clearly immaculate wheels with 4 new tyres will fetch more than 4 kerbed rims with 4 baldies, but the difference isnt anywhere near the cost of the tyres new tbh.

you see, this is why ill end up keeping this ****** car.

its great dont get me wrong but i want something faster, but its to expensive/complicated to modyfy and ill loose way to much selling it and parts off it.
i shud have stuck to ford and vauxhall

tbh if you compare the cost of selling it any buying something else (ie losing lots of money) with the cost of dropping in another engine, you'll find the engine option wins out.

AEB's can be had for £500 or less, (and V8's go for similar money) and i'm sure you could get a few guys on here to pitch in and get it installed over a weekend or whatever.

if i was, i would need to know if i can fit a 6 speed to it and what is needed to fit the engine,

the v8 is appealing to me due to its nature, "power but not stressed"
the aeb engine for good power is under some stress and requires more looking after

6-speed from a TDI or whatever will fit just fine, Yours is a V6 already so it will bolt upto the subframe like normal afaik (nearside mount is different to 1.8's, and would require welding or a different subframe)

You will need the engine, loom and ecu along with the immo1 box (i baught all of this from ebay for £570 delivered) some form of clutch/flywheel (either euro S8 or single mass, old Audi V8 one might fit too), and the mounts from a V8 engined A6, and it should pretty much just bolt into place.

I'm sure siena would be able to fill in anything ive missed?

well as i said for the engine and associated wiring i paid £570 delivered (although i've since discovered the engine is missing its starter motor and AFM but that was the guy being a ****)

The flywheel and clutch depends on which route you take, finding a used one is probably the cheapest option but they're rare, aftermarket solid is probably cheaper than an S8 one from audi so thats probably the way to go, iirc siena was talking about 250-300ish for one, then clutch on top.

Mounts ive no idea, again a scrap V8C5 is your best/cheapest option, no idea how much audi would want for them

Byzan A4 did the 6speed tranny swap into his 1.8T so he might be able to give you an idea of the costs involved with that aspect of it

I recon if you buy wisely and do the spannering yourself, you could have it installed and running for around £1500

If you think about that though, thats 300hp and V8 soundtrack, for much the same cost as a turbo, remap and intercooler for a 1.8T, and the 1.8t wouldnt be making anywhere near 300hp!

sounds real tempting, i would need a full service kit too for the engine and clutch ontop of that, how harsh is the single mass fly compared to my dual one?

as stated i have trouble putting the power down i have now

I think clutches designed for single mass flywheels are sprung differently, so it shouldnt really make any difference imo.