b5 leather recaro interior on ebay

sigh - all the decent interiors that come up are always for avants. why no saloon seats?

i'd particularly like the blue half leather/alcantara if anyone knows of any going. presumably they would have airbags in?

I'd love to bid on these, but it's either that, and having a nice interior, or and engine, and I already have a sitting room that doesn't go anywhere

sigh - all the decent interiors that come up are always for avants. why no saloon seats?

I think im right in saying the avant seats can be modified to fit saloon.

i'd particularly like the blue half leather/alcantara if anyone knows of any going. presumably they would have airbags in?

possibly from 99.5 on, facelift for sure.

Avant seats can be fitted into a Saloon and even pre-facelift S4's had airbags.

oh my bad then, when did they start putting bags on seats?

yeah my late 98 s-reg SE has side airbags but the seats are hopeless especially on the twisties. i know there's a way round it (resistors?) but would like to keep that functionality if/when i upgrade the interior.

so if anyone's upgrading from S4 alcantara, bear me in mind! :D

doug at mrc had his blue alacantara up for sale - might be worth checking

That's because Avants kick ***!!! My dog agrees, she's never happier unless she's leanin side ways on a hairpin or give a biker the evil "come any closer and I'm gonna rip your ****** visor of and slice you a new set butt cheeks on yer forehead look!"

I mean if I had a saloon, I'd have no space for all the dog hair AND my spare parts!, emergancy axle stand, gallon of diesel, full waterproofs (just in case) and the ball wheecher thing to keep the pooch happy...:laugh:

now that's FAR too practical!!! :)
my nod to practicality is that the car has 4 doors and 5 seats - if there was ever a b5 coupé then that'd be the ideal car for me (within budget)

I'm sure somebody has done that.... I think it was on Audiworld, The guy had basically welded up the rear doors, made the panels all fulsh and stuff, I think it looked kinda the 2 door scoobies? the RA model? I'd considered removing all the rear interior as I very rarely have an passengers, but it did mean having to hang onto the stuff and it wouldn't have been to comfy for the dog. To much work in the end and not a very cool look for Old Stinky, have bare on the inside, road noise everywhere too.

id love that, the rear wont fit mine thou

:banghead:

You must have started about 10 threads about seats for your car, and i'm pretty certain that you've been told on all of them that any B5 audi seats will fit in your car with a little modification.

£450 with 3 hours to go!
unless the reserve is silly looks like someone is going to get a bargain.
I paid £400 for two fronts

credit crunch for you

Didn't meet the reserve which Frazered said was over £600. Not in the slightest surprised as they look to be in very good condition.

seller would have been better off using a 'Buy it Now' AND 'Best Offer' that way if someone puts in an offer,then the seller could always put in a counter offer etc.. a much better way of selling IMO

cost you too much if you don;t sell if you use all those.
eBay is far to expensive now.
if you do all the reserves, special photos, Buy it now etc etc then get paid by paypal you can easily lose 15% in fees

Yeah i had the highest bid on it but the reserve was quite a bit higher than £600 - nearer new pole positions territory

cost you too much if you don;t sell if you use all those.
eBay is far to expensive now.
if you do all the reserves, special photos, Buy it now etc etc then get paid by paypal you can easily lose 15% in fees

I agree totally!!
however quite a few ppl use www.auctiva.com great for adding lots of photos without paying eBay for them.
Free Auction tools for eBay Sellers
No sign-up fees No monthly fees No scheduling fees No template fees No image fees

In this case the seller would be better off using cash on collection due to the large size of the item.

I have used the buy it now and best offer together on eBay and found 9/10 times i have sold the item rather than waiting till the end of the auction and using the reserve system.

The real plus point of using the Best Offer is that you can sit back and watch the offers roll in especially if its a rare item, and if the bidder offers you close to what you want for the item you can make a counter offers until you both agree.

HTH

I've lost confidence in ebay - especially as you are now "forced" to offer paypal.

Then you get raped if you sell hig-value items.

The Australian government recently overturned the forced paypal in ebay listings in Oz, a victory against ebay / paypal.

tbh i find that while yes paypal charges are annoying, the ability to quickly and easily pay for something is a massive benefit.

A user who will not accept paypal will, in general, not get my business, because i'll buy from some other guy who will. There really is no other nice option, cheques take a rediculous amount of time, postal orders cost more than paypal, and BACS/Fasterpayments means (as a seller) i need to give someone i dont know not only my bank acccount details, but my name and address too (for the shipping)

If someone really wanted to pay by bacs on one of my auctions then i'd probably say ok, and give them an account i dont use to deposit the money, and similarly for buying something if their feedback is good.

Also paypal is the ONLY method that actually offers any protection for your money. If the item doesnt turn up, or is damaged and the sellers being a ****, paypal will help and get your money back, i've done it before and it saved me losing £90

agree with the above - main gripe as a seller sometimes is being forced to use it. however have done stuff around paypal plenty of times so you still can do bacs etc easily enough - it is just more risky if you are buying something