anyone ever seen a B5 with flared arches

jcb

Reaction score
other than the full RS4 widebody panel replacement therapy?

Have been told I can get some very subtle arch extenders that can be blended in an painted to look stock. Don't want the DTM look or to go RS4 widebody, I just need about 3/4" added and wondered if anyone had seen a product as opposed to a full custom job.

can;t seem to find anything in my googling

Ed ive been looking ever since i got my a4

there is a kit out called the street fighter but its ******* crap

i know what your after and if you find tell me.

i want the dtm look like the silver audi from the states the guy who built it once had a write up about every stage but i cant find it any more :(

there is some pants stuff out there right enough.
my bodywork bloke has someone sending him some stuff but I am not convinced we are describing the same thing....
will let you know

a mate of mine is building a Cavalier touring car replica, and he had to widen the arches to accomodate the wheels.
He borrowed an arch roller, which basicly bolts to the hub and you pull it along the arch to roll out the lip, but he kept winding it out, and has managed to pull the arch out by about an inch, and you only really notice why you stand it next to a standard car.

Can auto image not sort the arches?

Can you not just use smaller spacers to move the wheel in a few mm? Or is there pretty much zero clearance to the caliper as it is?

arches are already rolled to remove the lip and pulled slightly outwards to give some clearance.
trouble is to bring the lip out to where I want ot you are looking at over an inch I think and you start to lose the line of the wing, in order to get it out you need to add material.

lost of ways, one is cutting along the line of the wing edge and openeing a hole, weld it up and fill it. easy enough at the front but very tricky at the back.
what I really need is a new lip that mirrors the old shape, that can be added to the exisiting wing, remove the inner lip (the original) and blend it in so you can't see some 993 GT2 style bolts or DTM style step to the extension.

going for the stealthy look, although with dark grey wheels that kind of went out of the window!

the wheels don't have spacers, I am running Et24 now, there is plenty of space for the calipers and the car is about 50-60mm wider front and back now. cornering speeds are up!

Why not get the wheels machined to make them et28 or something similar? I would not fancy getting much more body work getting done just for the sake of the wheels.

I thought I maybe recognised those wheels must be the optional ones on the B7 RS4's with that offset.

bingo.
got from a chap who ran his track tyres on them for his B7RS4. bargain. they are mint, not a mark.

4mm won't do it. needs 10 to look nice.
they don;t rub as it is, I just don;t want to be pulled by an over eager traffic cop

its not just for the wheels, I wanted wider, they fit the hub/caliper combo without compromise.

Yeah I know what you mean I would not like my wheels sticking out either. Some people like that look but I like them to just sit a tiny bit inside.

I wouldn't mind having a new set of wheels at ET15.

My choice in terms of dimensions are:

18" x 9,0" with 265/35 tyres.

I have 245/40's on 8.5J rims which is too wide IMO
I like the extra sidewall height compared to teh 35 profile but I should have gone for 235/40.
I was told to go with 255/35! those would have been over the edge of the rim by 15mm each side!

9J rims on the front would be tricky I think. mine tramline as it is, takes a bit of getting used to