Induction Kit fitting guide

mattv6

Reaction score
Just a quick question to see if anyone has a fitting guide I have done a quick search and have not come up with much.

I have taken delivery of my induction kit I just need to fit it now.

If anyone has done this and has some pics that would be fab.

Cheers all

Matt.

Its just a cone that I got off of a mate its brand new not sure of the make it is very similar to a K&N one I had on my MR2 Turbo, I have heaps of the silver flex stuff to run a cold feed from the bumper.

I have noticed that some people fit a micro filter also when fitting these.

Cheers mate.

Matt

I ran one for a while, sounds nice but sitting next to the turbo is not the best place.
I found throttle response and seat of the pants dyno to be better with a modded air box.

to work well it needs to be well sheilded, there is an FAQ for a simple sheet sheild that is cut to saze and runs between the turbo and cone location.

probably not waht you want to hear.

fitting mine was fairly straight forward but required a home made bracket to "hang" the cone from the inner wing.
not sure how much detail you need (most is self explainatory)

first you need to remove the air vent running to your air box from just below the slam panel.
pull the heat sink from the top of the air box, forget what it is for but it is important it is well cooled so remove and position somewhere to the left againnst the inner wing (has a wire going in both ends and has the metal cooling vanes in the airbox itself.

Disconnect the hoses from the air box and unbolt it from the wing, it comes out with a sharp tug.
You need to remove the MAF from the inside of the box. be careful not to damage the inner workings or the small tube that runs inside.

The MAF needs to run teh right way round, denoted by the arrow for airflow, depending on your cone kit it will have a flex hose with clamp to fit direct to the MAF.

You will probably have to rely on teh existing turbo inlet pipe so you cone will face backwards.
not a problem if you run some cold air ductin from behind the fog light area up to the cone itself.

not the most detailed FAQ you will ever read but should give you an idea.

One bit of advice. keep hold of your airbox and air vent. you will be needing those to refit when you get sink of heat sink in traffic a drop in performance

Cheers mate for the info its much appreciated, I dont have a turbo I have a 2.4 V6 But I am sure its gonna be roughly the same.

Cheers mate.

Matt