My knacked ABS thread!!

dieselfitter251

Blow ma own trumpet?
Reaction score
Replaced front right sensor, no improvement. Just waiting to charge the laptop so I can go and see whats going on.

Previous error was 65535, BBA reman gave the module a clean bill of health. Question. I've cleared the orignal failt code. Would this still cause the system to trip?

Oh, and my drivers window is now fecked, just got a crunchy plasticy sound now when the motor activates....:keule:

...now where did I see that 4motion tdi?...

I think this 65535 is misleading you.

65535 is the largest number you can store in an unsigned 16bit integer, and i suspect its being used to tell you that the fault code memory is broken.

The ecu is still working, and still registering the fault, its just unable to store it. Try looking at the live wheel sensor output again and see if you can tell from that which sensor is acting up.

Hi, sorry if this seems trivial but i had a similar problem with my A3/8L. The ABS light came on after goign a few yards down the road. Took all the wheels off and cleaned the optic sensors, unplugged and replugged them in. Job done no expense :). My point is check they are really clean and the wiring is in good order before shelling out on new sensors. I suspect it was my uni carpark (if you can call it a carpark) with its gravel and dust surface that caused the fault in the first place.

Aye, ours aren't optical, magnetic field, but good point. They have all been cleaned.

VAG-COM Version: Release 303.1
Control Module Part Number: 8E0 614 111 A
Component and/or Version: ABS/EDS 5.3 QUATTRO D00
Software Coding: 0273004284
Work Shop Code: BB 24334
3 Faults Found:
00285 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor: Front Right (G45)
35-00 - -
00287 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
35-00 - Please Register/Activate
65535 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
00-00 - Please Register/Activate
Questions.
How can I register activate this copy of VAG-COM?

Why, when I just drove the car did my right left EDL activate, obviously a sensor issue but I've never had a problem with that particular sensor and if I'm right 287 is right rear?

Fooooooook!

OIh yeah, brand new F/right sensor. Checked for insertion depth and it appears fine, no rubbing on ABS ring, prob. about 3-5mm clear

wiring perhaps?

3-5mm sounds like a very large gap to me, isnt it supposed to be more like 1mm?

Also your ABS ecu seems to be an 8E0 part number, isnt that a B6 item?

If you want to fix that Vagcom give me a PM, its quite old...

I'm my neighbours are wondering what the hell I'm doing driving up and down, occasionally locking up my left rear wheel...:keule:

VAG-COM Version: Release 303.1
Control Module Part Number: 8E0 614 111 A
Component and/or Version: ABS/EDS 5.3 QUATTRO D00
Software Coding: 0273004284
Work Shop Code: BB 24334
2 Faults Found:
00290 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor: Rear Left (G46)
35-00 - -
65535 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
00-00 - Please Register/Activate
At least now it's registering a fault with the correct sensor....

That gap is a guess. I didn't want to shred the new sensor so I may have been a bit cautious with the gap, I can always adjust it. What would you suggest for the wiring?

It's the correct module.

Computer ran out of juice, left it with a tripped system. Ever time I clear the codes the left rear takes a hoolie! I'll come back later guys, gotta go. Any input would be great!

check the continuity from the sensor back to the ECU pins?

You need to try and get a fix on where the problem is though...

try closing up the air gap first and see if it helps at all, if you can get it consistently saying one sensor is faulty then look closer at that one.

Aye, I think I'll focus on the right front and left rear. It might just be the air gap on the front right, but the left rear has some definate issues.

Cheers!