Mudflaps On B5?

Siena

Reaction score
Not the most thought of addition to a B5, I know...

But have any of you guys got mudflaps on your cars?
Aftermarket or OEM?

Do they offer decent protection against stone / grit damage to your paintwork?

Did your car come with them, did you remove them, or add them at a later date?

Please feel free to share any pictures, if you have any, thanks!

I've got 'em on my car. OEM, managed to get a good deal from ebay. They do make a difference, especially during the winter months though also help with tar spot protection during the summer.

Biggest drawback is that they can make a mess of the paint work where they're mounted from grit and stones getting stuck between the mudflap and mounting surface. My car's a bit of a tea bag just now so that doesn't bother me.

Defniately not for show and shines though :O)

Got any pictures of yours fitted?

I've got them too.. already fitted when I bought the car.

Look ok in my opinion and do seem to do a fairly good job where mud/grit is concerned.

Nice one, will be great to see some pictures.

It's often difficult to know what fits well, especially if not OEM.

i have some too, probably the only S4 i have seen with them - came with the car

can't actually notice them in the pics I have

Hmm, yours have the Audi rings embossed on them, Aragorn.

A guy on Audizine's got the same as yours, on an Avant too.

They look pretty factory to me... perhaps they were only available on early cars or something? the door trims they added on later cars would probably stop them fitting i think.

Hmm, yours have the Audi rings embossed on them, Aragorn.

A guy on Audizine's got the same as yours, on an Avant too.

have them on my normal B5 with Audi Rings - came with the motor

I've got them on mine too. As far as I'm aware, they were factory fitted. I have the same problem as dieselfitter251, they tend to catch alot of crap betwen the body work and the flaps

I've been looking for some for Outlaw - the biggest problem so far has been the fact that the B5 RS4 never had the option of mudflaps.

B5 RS4's tend to get the paintwork chipped as far back as the rear door flares, as they catch grit / stones thrown back by the front tyres, despite the fact the tyres are well contained within the wheel arches.

The inner lip of the front wings, in common with regular slim-shouldered B5 models tends to get the paint blasted off over time, and in some cases, Red Terror gets a hold.

I finally found a set that are well in keeping with Outlaw's OEM looks, and offer the protection she needs. Fitted them on Saturday, will post pictures up later.

As I said, it was always going to be a challenge locating a decent set of mudflaps, that woulf fit well on a B5 RS4.

I found them some weeks back, and ordered a set on Friday, they turned up Saturday morning:

Front mudflaps:

Photo015.jpg

Rear mudflaps:

Photo016.jpg

Front mudflaps fitted:

Photo017.jpg

Photo020.jpg

Photo023.jpg

Photo026.jpg

Rear mudflaps fitted:

Photo027.jpg

Photo025.jpg

Photo022.jpg

Photo019.jpg

Profile view:

Photo021.jpg

Took about an hour to fit, and due to the stubby shape and profile, look more like sill extensions / mouldings, happy with the fit too.

looks cool and must do the important job of protecting that lovely paint job. is your car lowered at all?

Only slightly - about 30mm, not keen on the slammed look.

Springs are Eibachs rated for the heavier RS4, which means the nose will come lower once I install the S8 engine, and 6-speed box.

think that looks odd siena. really does look out of place. mean looking arches with very conservative mud flaps.

just my opinion tho.

No worries, Alpine.

Conservative is what I was looking for, which is why I chose these ones.
I wouldn't want outlandish ones, so very pleased with the conservative versions.

i prefer pretective film.
never like mudflaps, first things I tend to rip off...usually unintentionally on a speedbump or grassfield carpark!

Protective film is ok to a certain degree.

On a B5 RS4, you'll have to film pretty much most of the rear doors to protect them.

i been stairing at you car for almost 10 mins now. i really really think they have changed the look of your car for worse. dont wanna be the andymac here but i think you have ruined the look of an aggressive 1 off RS4 replica. you even said your self that RS4`s did not have a mudflap option. I can see why audi said no to that option.

Its your car dude but i think your spoiling it!

I think they need to be colorcoded.

They only look odd because the rest of the car/trim is color coded, bar those bits.

not sure colour coding would help it.
I like it better without...but then its not mine

I see why you did it, but not for me dude, all that money and bodywork then some plastic mudflaps?! Just look odd, out of place. Even if you had to film the whole side of the car it would look way better and protect just as well. Save the flaps for rally slags, evos, scoobys etc

All comments welcomed, good and bad.

But, they're there to stay. :ninja:

It's going to mostly be a winter 'mod' isn't it. You can take them off whenever and if they help to stop your car turning in to a tea bag like mine then so be it. Just remember to floss every day and rinse properly!

Chap, keep them on for winter. wide rear arches + no flaps = stone chip hell.
I found this out the hard way after de-flaping my old evo.

i agree. they do look good.

if anything keep the for winter only or colourcode and they will look the business.

Siena I am not sure on the look, I think colour coded could be better... but the protection against looks I think your right.

where did you get them from, not sure they would fit the S4..?

Color coded mudflaps defeat the objectives - they'll get blasted, and will require painting frequently.

Besides, they're soft enough to not retain paint for long, and there's more than enough black on my car for them not to be out of place.

I like them, but perhaps I'm biased as I have them on car.

Are they specifically for the RS4 Siena, because the look identical in size to mine?

n

ps tell you something funny - the guy that bought my old Evo 8 (no mudflaps as standard), the first thing he did was put tacky red plastic Ralliart mudflaps on - I thought it ruined the look of the car (met black). Guess its a personal preference thing.

Aye lad, (siena) keep em black. Funktional. In the face of cool and neat. Like getting a tat on your forehead..... woooooo!!!!!!!!:thrashi:

bamchikawaw-waaaaaa!!!!!

They're B6 sedan items.

With a bit of adjustment of clip positions, they fit the B5 profile perfectly.

I think they look good, ok not as good as it was without but there's not much in it so I would keep them as they are doing an important job.
I have flaps fitted to mine, I think they were factory fitted and they have the 4Ring embossed logo, I wouldn't be without them.

I agree that colour coding them would be a waste of time. Even if its just for the winter its better than having paint chips.