New ICE

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
At last! I am getting rid of the Concert system. After weeks of research, reading forum contributions and phoning round ICE dealers, I have finally found my new system. It's an Alpine HU, with matching CD-changer. (Andymac, if I remember rightly, yours is an Alpine, isn't it?). I've gone for the 9823 model,, with black housing & red display, so it's about as compatible with the A4 fascia as I can get. I'm keeping the active rear speakers, feeding them from the pre-outs on the new HU. I'm also hoping to fit an extra pair of speakers in the rear doors, fed from the otherwise unused rear speaker outs on the new HU. Providing there's space in the door frame, they'll be mounted low down in the recessed section below the window winder. I thought either 4-inch round or 4-inch by 6-inch ovals will fit just nicely. They'll provide just the right amount of "in-fill" sound, just behind my head.

The dealer I'm using had all parts of the system in stock, ready to fit, except the HU itself. So I have to wait until they can get it in & I'm next in town. I've got it booked in for two weeks today, which is ideal. It means that by the time I pay for it, my credit card will have rolled over into a new month. Plus, I also get it installed the week before we go on a touring holiday in Scotland.

I am soooooo looking forward to getting it installed
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Nice choice with the setup, i have got a Sony cdxm9900. I am more into bass and have got 2 12inch sony xplods with a 1000 watt sony amp in my a4!, with fire proof seal in the boot, sounds bwaddd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nice setup

I have 2 Pioneers 12" sub, A rockford fosgate amp, Just over 500 watts RMS
A small sony amp 2 power a pair of JBL 6x9s

Ill post better pics up,

It's not top end but it is replacing a shockingly bad Audi headunit so it doesn't matter. Anything is an improvement on the crap that Audi fit as standard.

My thoughts exactly. Also, the Alpine series comes with plenty of recommendations from other forum users. I removed one of the rear door panels this afternoon. There's plenty of room there for a pair of 4-inch drivers, so I'll definitely include a pair in the installation.

Can't wait!

Guys with the subs which route did you take when running your amps power from the battery??

Thanks

Route it through the ECU box - drivers side under windscreen - once into ECU box there is a hole through to the cabin, and the ECU box is already weatherproof...

Great i shall have a look at that this weekend, i have been wanting to install it for ages...
Cheers.