Induction Kit/Filter for my V6

mattv6

Reaction score
Good afternoon all

I am toying with the ideal of fitting an Induction kit to my 1999 A4 2.4V6

I want to know which one is the best I have had both K&N and PiperCross in the past before your views would be good. I know a lot of people dont like them because of heat soak issues, I personally like them for the breathing side and the noise side.

I want a direct fit one I dont want to have to mess around making it fit.

Any website links to these would be cool.

Cheers Guys.

Matt.

You can modify your airbox and get the same/better outcome if you do it properly for ££s saving.

That sounds cool mate, hows this done? Would I get the same noise as an Induction Kit?

Matt

Not sure on the exact positioning of the airbox on the V6 but it generally involves drilling a hole/holes in the bottom of the airbox (positioned for maximum cold air) and a lot of people introduce a cold air feed from around the bumper to channel more cold air in.

I also smoothed the internals out of the bottom half of my airbox after reading various projects were this increased the airflow.

I think the sound depends a lot on the engine.. def gave my 1.8T a nice swoooosh sound. Can't hear it over my exhaust now though ha.

Cheers bud much appreciated, I have heard of drilling the airbox before actually.

Cheers mate.

Cheers mate for the link I think to be honest I would rather pay for an induction kit and then run a cold air feed to it instead of drilling the box.

Cheers mate.

Matt.

I think the sound depends a lot on the engine.. def gave my 1.8T a nice swoooosh sound. Can't hear it over my exhaust now though ha.

i have a cone filter on mine and it hisses like a beyatch when spooling and chatters like a ganny when im off the loud pedal!! i love it!

Alright Alpine have you got any pictures of your Kit? and where did you get it from?

Cheers mate.

Matt

Does carbonio do one for th v6 a4?

I heard my old VR6 tonight with one fitted and it was one of the greatest noises ever.