Respray?

how good do you want it.
new colour?
engine bay?
windows out?

Prefer a good job obviously.
Same colour.
No need for engine bay.
Not too bothered if the windows are out or not?

i have been painting cars for 14 years,a good job will take a couple of weeks,price dependant on lots of things,such as any major dents or corrosion,if you want door shuts painting too[which will mean doors removed]a good job just painting the outside would be approx 1500 quid give or take,if the body is in fairly good shape

what year is your car Lee? what colour is your car any pics ?

Resprays can vary in price, a good bodyshop's a good bodyshop, regardless of price.

To give you an idea - Outlaw cost £2,300 in respray, (color change including door shuts) RS4 panels fitted, including the unpicking of the rear quarters, and welding in OEM RS4 items, window tinting.

Some bodyshops would do the rear quarters alone, just finished off in primer, for about £1,000.

And the quality of the work's top notch, as I'm sure Docurley would testify to.

i can testify your spray job is good. only thing i can knock on it is your front vents in the bumber have not been sprayed propery as there is a lack of paint. other than that its top notch.

please dont think i am having a go but you should have asked "" are there any good body shops in my area?"
resprays are a mine field when it comes to pricing and an average price simply does not exist last complete respray cost me £150 and some custom or restoration bodyshops could easily charge 10k and above.
there are so many variables like condition of car to start with (parking dents, rust etc) then how involved do you want ie full colour change or just a blow over to freshen it up.
the best way is to travel and get quotes (you will be amazed what a good body shop can spot that you thought was a good panel)and also to see the work going on in the workshop personally i would not take my car to any garage unless i was happy with the people working there. far too many horror stories of cars being used, abused damaged etc.
and a good recommendation is worth its weight in gold.

Cheers for the input everyone.. I appreciate it is impossible to answer accurately as prices, jobs etc are all relative but you've given me something to think about.

I would definitely visit a number of places before committing to anything and go on recommendations because as electricracer said they're worth their weight in gold.

what year is your car Lee? what colour is your car any pics ?

Hi mate,

My car is a 1996 A4 (B5).

The paint code is LZ6U (it's a dark green metallic).

The body is in good shape but would look excellent with a fresh coat of paint!

Here's a few pictures (probably not that helpful though)..

SP_A0047.jpg

SP_A0046.jpg

audia4_turbo_rear.jpg

thanx for the pics, cant really see what the paintwork is like. I think you will benifit more from front and rear facelift lights, it will make the car sooo much fresher.

The newer front lights aren't really to my taste mate but I'm gonig to swap the rear lights to get rid of the indicator colour.

Prefer more of a street sleeper look so I've got a debadged grill to go on and going to go a few mm lower and maybe remove the spoiler but other than that it's staying as is.

More money for the mechanical side that way too!

Oh yeah and obviously perhaps some fresh paint too.

i also want to loose my spoiler. wanting a M3 look one. waiting for a ming blue lid to float about and ill swap them over!

Resprays can vary in price, a good bodyshop's a good bodyshop, regardless of price.

To give you an idea - Outlaw cost £2,300 in respray, (color change including door shuts) RS4 panels fitted, including the unpicking of the rear quarters, and welding in OEM RS4 items, window tinting.

Some bodyshops would do the rear quarters alone, just finished off in primer, for about £1,000.

And the quality of the work's top notch, as I'm sure Docurley would testify to.

Thats not a bad price for the quality of the work you have had done :)

yeah thats the plan eventually. for now i would just fit it and get it smoothed once i get the funds for the re-spray! i also have spray lined up but due to new baby in 4 weeks and poss moving house in feb its all on hold! hence the cheaper option of a non spoilerd bood lid. swap em round and stick M3 spoiler to it!! no money on spraying ect then.

I want an FMIC, need a new hoover first and the wall paper in the bathroom needs changed. Just bought an engagement ring and I've not quite settled the bill for the last £1600 spent on the car. Did I mention I'm a self employed musician.

Ah feck.....

yeah thats the plan eventually. for now i would just fit it and get it smoothed once i get the funds for the re-spray! i also have spray lined up but due to new baby in 4 weeks and poss moving house in feb its all on hold! hence the cheaper option of a non spoilerd bood lid. swap em round and stick M3 spoiler to it!! no money on spraying ect then.

Yeah I think cash flow is slowing everyone's tuning/modifying plans at the moment.

If you fit it well enough you might decide it doesn't really need blending in which would obviously mean you only need to colour match the new lip spoiler anyway.. saving £££s.

I want an FMIC, need a new hoover first and the wall paper in the bathroom needs changed. Just bought an engagement ring and I've not quite settled the bill for the last £1600 spent on the car. Did I mention I'm a self employed musician.

Ah feck.....

FMIC for xmas then surely :yes:

Yeah I think cash flow is slowing everyone's tuning/modifying plans at the moment.

If you fit it well enough you might decide it doesn't really need blending in which would obviously mean you only need to colour match the new lip spoiler anyway.. saving £££s.

me mate said he would spray it for nothing if i just get the paint! Sweet!

me mate said he would spray it for nothing if i just get the paint! Sweet!

I've got a spray shop at work but it's geared up for furniture. I can't see a problem with getting panels in there so I might buy a wing or something and give it a blast myself.