SOMEONE ATTEMPTED TO COMMIT SUICIDE ON MY CAR!

andybnwc

Reaction score
Early this morning someone jumped from the 3rd story window onto my car .........it made a mess!

Not sure how this is gonna work out because police say they cant do anything if he lives because it was an accident so i will have to go through my insurance.:sadlike:
DSC00927.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00931.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00928.jpg

OMG....How the hell you gonna explain that to the insurance? So, let me get this right, if he lives he will have to pay for the damage cause it was an accident that he thrwe himself out the window. I guess when he finds out the cost that will give him another reason to try again. Good job you were not in the car when he did!!

OMG!! :ohmy:

Good thing you weren't in the car at the time - at the very least, he could have showered you with broken glass, or worse, bust your neck.

****** hell i feel for you.
Must have seen your car before he/she jumped.
Is it just front screen?

Hope it gets all sorted for mate

I think he / she struck the edge of the roof too - bent the frame.

I hope it doesn't get written off.

OMFG thats crazy!! hope you get it sorted dude!

wheres the blood??

the edge of the roof looks ok, his body hit the windscreen and his head on the roof , and bounced on to the floor , aparantly he was taken into the ground floor flat and was concious until ambulance arrived , there flat looks like a crime scene.

He is still alive!!

After inspecting the car i can see the following

paint damage and small dent to bonnet
windscreen smashed and surround damage
20cm dent to roof skin
dent and damage to interior dash board
broken interior A pillar trim

blood? looks like some in this pic http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj167/andybnwc/DSC00931.jpg

a bit strange that someone would wanting to commit suicide would jump onto a car - usually you would do that to break your fall and minimise injury.

the thread title's a little misleading is it? you say someone committed suicide but then said "if he lives", which presumably means he's still alive? either way, i wouldn't fancy your chances of getting reimbursed. is it criminal damage? i dunno. you could sue him but that'd be a lengthy process, and anyway is he likely to have the cash?

feel sorry for you - there's been far too much bad luck happening to cars on this forum lately...

Jesus, that is disturbing. I have to agree with Oranoco, he could have aimed for the concrete. Hope you get your car sorted out mate.

Christ mate, that's not a story I thought I'd see on a pleasant sunday morning! Hope it gets sorted hassle free and paid for, by someone else!

I think the title should be changed though -

"Someone attempted suicide on my car".

Seeing as the guy's stil alive, i somehow feel it's more appropriate.

Did the impact shift the dash at all?

It's possible you'll end up with creaks and rattles, and / or cluster issues.

does it matter what the title of the thread is called?? the geezas cars been smashed up!!

lol

that really sucks mate
I work on the railway and get loads of suicide's they never think oif anyone one else when they do it....bastad's

Now you are left to pick up the pieces

Not to sure on all the damage as i just had time to seal it up before it started to rain and cant open doors because i traped plastic sheets in them .

loads of glass everywhere in the car so got some serious cleaning to do after windscreen is replaced,and will find out the full damage then.

ps changed title due to him being alive at the moment

I imagine you've got to get the windshield frame repaired first?

At least the screen can be done on your glass cover.

What an inconsiderate *******.

If he'd have had the decency to have aimed for the concrete it would have simply been a sweep up and wash down job!!

wow, this is possibley the most bizzare thread title I've ever seen.
Sorry about your car mate... The guy obviously has some serious issues either with himself or with Audis!! Shame he chose that way out rather than a less destructive route.

i am actually really worried about whats gonna happen due to the fact the police say theres nothing i can do with the police due to it being accidental damage. So if hes got no money or does not want to pay then i will defo loose my 6 years no claims for noyhing.

Ps someone change the title i cant figure out how to do it

Only way to change the title is by sending a PM to one of the moderators.

feck!

As for the insurnace, you may find that paying to fix the dent/paint yourself and just getting the screen done via the insurance will make more sense, as the money it will cost you come next years renewal (and the year after etc) with a loss of NCB and a claim on there will likely be more than it will cost to have it repaired privately now.

surely it doesn't matter if it's "accidental"?? whoever causes damage has to pay. even if it isn't criminal damage he should still be liable. worth talking to a solicitor before you do anything, i reckon. even if it's one of those "free initial talks" (not one of the ambulance chasing ones, mind)

incidentally, since suicide (or the assistance thereof) is a criminal offence, i would have thought that attempted suicide would also be against the law, but it looks like the law was changed many years ago to prevent the prosecution of those who try...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_Act_1961
Under English criminal law, the Suicide Act 1961 decriminalised the act of suicide so that those who failed in the attempt would no longer be prosecuted.

funny you should say that cause i usually park hers there and mine next to it.

The police didnt want to comment at all and just gave me a number to ring

****** hell he jumps out the window and did not look down naaaaaah he just did not want to die so he used the car.... Cry for help if you ask me.

yeh defo couldnt of fallen backwards through those window must of been hanging on backwards and fell / jumped

What a ****** crying for help, he casued the damage make him pay. I can'y believe it of all the posts i thought i had seen i never expected to see that happen to somone on here.

Flippin heck mate!!!

Sorry to hear/see this, gutted for you, i hope it all gets sorted and you get a payout....from somewhere, as already mentioned, maybe worth getting some legal advise on this sooner rather than later as who knows what route this will take to get sorted!!

Good luck with it all...

Ok today the windscreen people came and basically said they cant do it outside and i would have to get the car recovered.
No one around here would recover the vehicle unless through insurance!
Im now gonna drive at night with no windscreen to my shop and they will repair it in the workshop tmrw for £70 excess.

Spoke to 11 different solicitors and legal advice lines etc and still not found anyone who can help me .

Spoke to police again who told me i would have to use my insurance! I asked for the offenders details and nope not willing to tell me . Im awaiting a call from the officer involved tmrw to hopefully liase contact with the offender .

Im going to also draft up a letter to the occupants of the flat because im still not sure if he lives there or was just staying there overnight.

Any suggestions on what to write?

What ever you write, get it witnessed. A good idea would be by the Liason Officer your meeting with tomorrow. You don't want to get bitten just for trying to sort this out. Keep it factual, with as much accurate info as possible. Include any financial receipts estimate (if at this time you are intending pursueing financial recompense) and get a copy of the Crime / Incident number, include it on the letters. Copy the letters. I believe (and I'll get back to you on this) that you can raise charges against the jumper as an act of wilful vandalism. :busted_cop:

Next we'll see bonnet airbags, I tell yer what, lets make the whole fecking car an airbag then there will be nobody hurt or better still we could all wear michelin man suits

What a **** but still makes you wonder how ***** his life is to do this so yes its a ****** thing to happen to your car & I'd be fairly ****** of but would you wanna be in his shoes at the moment as must be bad to do this, I've had a guy run from the side of the road & jump straight in front of my car to attempt suicide, I've also stopped a suicide of a young what looked like student in Brighton from jumping onto the tracks & bought him breakfast before Police dealt with it, I mean life for some people is not nice to resort to this & to see such a young guy about to do this was frightening to say the least

Ok update , i now have the address of the guy , unfortunately he live 81 miles away and with no transport could cause a problem if hes playing up. But apparantley the guy was very high on drugs E's coke 2CBs and drink , the appartment who helped him was left his address because of all the blood on their carpets and walls etc so seems like he is a genuine guy.
I will chat to the officer before i contact him directly

That's great, at least he's not a John Doe.

Keep us posted, hope this all turns out well.