SOMEONE ATTEMPTED TO COMMIT SUICIDE ON MY CAR!

Last night i moved the vehicle to my shop,which was fun ...not! windscreen people are now too busy to do it today and are coming tmrw instead, closer inspection in light loads of scratches to bonnet wing and a line of smaller dents on roof which i didnt see before, roof lining has little tears in it also. Still cant see the full extent of dash damage until the glass is removed.
Theres a lot of hair and smelly flesh

I guess the tears in the headlining came from flying glass.

Hopefully, you'll get her back to her former glory in no time.

i think im gonna get stickers made up for the likes of you, myself and doc, reading...

"i have experienced the curse of ASN" as we have all had our cars Messed up my Bell ended people!

How in god's name can the police call this an accident!?
When I had my 'accident' they called it a collision because accident assumes nobody is to blame, where there is normally always someone to blame.

I find it hard to believe that the guy jumped from the window by accident, get a solicitor and sue him, frigging idiot.

Getting a solicitor involved is the easy, albeit expensive part.

If the charges are made to stick -a grey area here, that's great.
But, if the guy isn't financially solvent, there's precious little that you could do. The courts would take this into consideration his lack of funds, and mental state at the time of the attempted suicide.

I think it's good he didn't land smack-bang in the middle of your roof - roof skins are relatively thin and fragile, the impact would have blown out all the glass, pulled the A+B pillars in, literally totalling the car.

Thats the problem ,no solicitors will accept my case so far and also told me if the guy is took to court and charged i may be given some compensation for damages however it may only be a few hundred if any at all.

yes it was very lucky the way he landed for me and him

Exactly, Andy. I feel for you, but it could have been worse.

Try to move on, and put the whole unpleasant incident behind you.

Looks like he has enough money for chang!

Hope he has enough to pay for the damage. If not, have another "accident", by hitting him at 30mph or so...

Looks like he has enough money for chang!

Hope he has enough to pay for the damage. If not, have another "accident", by hitting him at 30mph or so...

A 30 mph impact with a full-grown man would certainly do damage to the pedestrian.

Unfortunately, it'll also leave a nice cleavage in the front of a B5 S4.

Expensive.

A 30 mph impact with a full-grown man would certainly do damage to the pedestrian.

Unfortunately, it'll also leave a nice cleavage in the front of a B5 S4.

Expensive.

bowler-wildcat-2.jpg

sorted :)

Unbe-fu**inglievable in my humble opinion. I still go with charge him. Or hire the Punisher. Or Batman.

I seriously doubt if much will be achieved by chasing him for compensation, crazy as it may sound.

Small update after a bit of bending managed to get the screen in however after a little clean up the dash looks very squashed ie big gap at the back and also cut and scratched to bits also it almost looks like the scuttle panel has dipped to .
What at the back of the dash is it a frame or just a thin sill?

The B5 fascia is mounted on quite a sturdy steel frame, which also acts as a brace between the laft and right A-pillar bases.

The fascia itself has a thin metal insert, if it's buckled, it'll need replacement - very unlikely you'll get it straightened, and if it's as scratched and pierced as you say it is - as i'd expect it would be from having glass ground into it, it'll be best to replace it.

so it looks like a new one then? or could it be worked on with filler and trimed in alcantara.

How hard is it to remove?
thanks for all your help

Most involving part of removing any B5 / C5-based dash is unclipping the main wiring harness.

Not keen on the filler idea - the fascia is subject to vibration, and bearing in mind the shel flexes slightly oner uneven surfaces, the filler is likely to crack under the alcantara, and rattly.

I have a complete S4 facia, from a 2000 model, in good shape, if you're interested. All you'll need to do would be to replace the trims with your carbon fibre items, as this car had aluminium trim.

I'm looking at £30 for it + shipping.

I have a business account with Fedex and UPS, so mo problem getting it to you.

Well i have made contact with him , got all his details checked and a quote is in the post to him , he seems to be thankfull that he is still alive . But we will see if that changes when he reads the quote!!

Siena hold that dash for me too

Still waiting on a response , he had his quote and has been getting his own too , £2600 im near his house in the new year so will knock on his door see what happens, Im now in the proccess of getting a quote for my missus car after someone bumped the front rs4 style bumper and split it . Luckily he left a number and is willing to pay for it .

as if ive just parked behind this! a friend of mine lives in the same block of flats as you... just dropped a friend off there and thought "hmm that car looks familiar..." then looked upwards at the flat

small world!

Im in the process of moving house and had a few more quotes for him . He has decided to go for the first one and hopefully pay by card . Im just waiting on a reply now . I have a baby due in a few weeks so id like to keep it for rushing around as the other car is just too slow and not as comfy