A4 1.8QTS - Selling Price

dovejon

S3 Saloon S-Tronic Phantom Black
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been offered a new car at a really tempting price, only way for the deal to work is for me to sell my current A4 1.8QTS. Does anybody have an idea of what it's worth?

It's in ebony black on a 2001 (X reg) plate. It has covered 73k miles with a full service history, part Audi. All the necessary camblet changes have been done, plus the alloys were refurbished in 2007. Taxed and MOT till September 2009. I am the third owner and have owned the car since September 2006. Only modifications are a Miltek exhaust in September last year. Four new tyres were added in January 08 and have 6mm tread left on them.

I know the old saying goes that it's only worth what somebody's prepared to pay for it, but any ideas on value would be good?

Cheers.

looking on ebay they seem to be going for as low as 2.5-3k

Run a completed items search and you can see for yourself

2.5 to 3k seems to be about all they are on ebay im afraid.i paid 2.5 for mine about 5 months ago but it was high mileage.they are usualy advertised at a bit more on pistonheads. stick it up for £3800 and see what you get.

I paid over £4k for mine back in August. Sounds like an identical car but mine had full Audi history and 20k less miles. My HPI valuation was more than I paid but realistically I know I paid top money, was the highest price b5 1.8tqs I had seen, but then it was the best and in minter than mint condition.

So I'd say only dare ask over £4k if yours is something special. With the market the way it is and the time of year I'd pay 3.5 - 3.8. But you may have to wait a while for a keen enthusiast to find the ad. Someone prepared to pay top money for a top car.

Hope it sells, sounds like a nice one.

Sold mine for 4K in July. Higher mileage than yours, but immaculate and full ASH. You might find that before xmas is hard ttime to sell. I put mine on Ebay and it sold in a week. I would guess if yours is as tidy as you say it will sell. Just got to be lucky and get the right person looking. Good luck

mine had done 100k miles more and was due a timing belt and front arms so thats why i got it for £2500.all you need is one person looking for a car like yours for it to sell.

There was one with full recaro interior for sale the other day somone of here bought it and that was less than 2.5k i think.

There was one with full recaro interior for sale the other day somone of here bought it and that was less than 2.5k i think.

It was buy it now for £2,950 but i got it for less than that. double the milage but with fash. bargain in my opinion. sold my old 1.8tqs for £4,250 (had 114k on it), that was august 2007 though.

yours sounds very nice and should see you to at least £3,500 i would have thought? got any pics? piston heads is a good place to start advertising for free!

that is a minter.should sell easy at the right price.

Beautiful car, but I would say that.. identical to mine!

Hope it sells for a good price, am sure it will.

My tqs is in excellent condition (59k) and has a full main dealer sh. I've spent a load on it over the past couple of years (900 quid just the other day). If all its worth is 2.5-3K, I'd better make preparations for it to be buried in the plot next to me :(

n

End of the day mate its a 8-9 year old car. You can pick up early B6's now for 4-5k and B7's are dipping under 10k

You cant expect it to hold its value for ever, and in the current financial climate, people are wanting small economical cars rather than large turbocharged saloons which further reduces its worth.

The 1.8tqs is about the only B5 A4 thats holding its value so well, and i can only assume its because of their relative rarity, tunability and fuel economy benefits over the V6 models. The earlier V6 Quattro's regularly struggle to get over a grand on ebay, and ive seen many sell for 5-600quid, with nothing wrong with them whatsoever.

My bro ended up buying an S4, becuase for the cost people were wanting at the time for decent 1.8TQS's (ie 4k) he could buy an S4 for only a little more. He paid just under 5k for his car in the end, and while its pre-facelift, it was in excellent condition and reasonable mileage (80k)

I bought mine cheap, and had half a mind to sell it quick and double my money. Thing is, I accidentally fell into the trap of quite liking it. Now I have mischevious thoughts of chips, wheels etc. Must Behave Self.

They really are great value cars, ours cost £1200 back at the turn of the year and we've probably spent the same again on the usual suspects keeping it maintained.

I dont really see any point tuning it though, as its a FWD. My plan is to wait until the missus graduates from uni, then we can sell the FWD and pick up a nice Black 1.8TQS Avant. So anything i'm doing to the car in the meantime is limited to maintenance, or small upgrades that dont cost alot and are transferrable, like the 312mm brakes i plan to fit soon, seen as the old 288's need replaced anyway, its rude not to upgrade them!

I have been after a black 1.8tq avant for ages and not found one yet.

Markey, will shortly be putting mine up for sale, unfortunately it's not an avant!

Ye they are rare enough anyway, when you start wanting them as specifically as a black avant it gets quite challenging!

thats why i settled for a black FWD avant untill i find a decent Quattro :) but i might be tempted with a saloon.

i want to know how many were yellow.cant be many.seen one on pistonheads a while back.mine is yellow.