s4 instrument cluster in a4

olds_kool

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
fitted some s4 clocks i got of ebay to my 1.8tqs
they had a new dis screen fitted so figured it would be cheaper than having mine fixed
was never keen on the white dials, so now ive got light grey with white needles
wasnt even sure if theyd work but no probs so far
any comments welcome

before
DSC00292.jpg

after
DSC00293.jpg

DSC00294.jpg

DSC00312.jpg

nice job i like it! did you match up the mileage? if so how, also would like to know about the immobilser as well.

cheers mark, used vagtacho cable/software to read 4 digit skc, then followed vagcom instructions to replace cluster

vagtacho again to correct mileage, couple of 1000 miles out as you have to enter it in km and i got fed up of guessing

cheers, sat nav thats fitted in place of vent has a conversion function but id forgot about it!

that sav nav looks a neat install. when you get a chance post some more pics please. :hi::o.k:

shexy! i wish i could change my mileage now i have the new engine!

alpine, legally cluster mileage should relate to shell/chassis not engine and adjusting would make car seem dodgy to anyone checking mot's etc

raz, few more pics, its a garmin nuvi 200 cheap but quite impressive, guy on audizine worked out it was a perfect fit if you pull vent out
also it logs max speed reached which got me a telling off from mrs

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

DSC00356.jpg

cheers thats a neat and tidy fit is it secured in anyway to prevent theft? i suppose if they want something they will take it etc...

also as i understand it seen the lead on fleebay for the vagtacho. is it just a matter of buying the lead loading the software, and entering the code from your old clock and entering the new code and hey presto?? sounds too easy to be this simple?

thanks

its a push in fit so i dont leave it in overnight, its pin protected but rather not have my window smashed for theivin gits to find that out

vagtacho lead plugs in via obd and then you select type of instruments (vdo old for our cars) if it can connect! its press a button for the function you want, read skc, change mileage etc
if adding a new cluster you fit new one then read skc, then switch to vagcom lead to match ecu/keys using skc you just read

i replaced cluster in my tdi for a brand new one (ebay, old dealer stock) and i had to drive it round the block before it would let me change mileage as it wouldnt connect to clocks with zero miles on it?