sachs lowering kit

andybnwc

Reaction score
Are these any good and how much do they lower? Cause i need to replace a shock on my missus car which has already got some kind of lowering springs on

i'm not sure what a lowering kit has to do with replacing a shock?

Most lowering kit manufacturers do different levels of lowering for each model, plus some come with and some without shocks.

If your missus' car is still running standard shocks on lowering springs then its not a surpise they're humped, what you will find though is that you'll end up needing to replace all four shocks to make it drive properly. Change one side and it'll handle VERY oddly, Change both rears and the back will be a lot stiffer than the front and it'll be very prone to oversteer.

Someone on here thats breaking a car should surely have a set of shocks from a sport model you can have? User "951" was breaking a 1.8TS...

thought id end up having to do that. The kit which is four complete legs with sachs sport shocks and springs is 80 plus delivery

80 quid new? for 4 springs and 4 shocks?

That sounds VERY cheap to me, usually these kits are priced around 60-120 for springs alone and 200+ for shocks and springs...

i believe sachs is same company as boge which is o.e supplier for b5 a4's shocks