Chris NottJMB Retrofits
    2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

Status

abs module diy fix?

is there a way to fix the abs module yourself?i know i can send it away and get it done for Ł100 but if its just soldering surely it can be done at home?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Stoned As Fuk

Status
    i got a ABS brain from a old pump at a breakers. Ł35 lighter and one working abs system

1st Gear

Status
    There you go, hope your good at soldering though, your life may depend on it....
    http://www.passat-b5.ru/index.php?op...=296&Itemid=57

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

Status
    thats great,i dont even need to take the pump out so no bleeding brakes etc.i will give it a go soon.

4th Gear

Status
    its proper hard man , its so tiny like smaller that a mobile phone board ish
    99 Nogaro S4 now black bonnet and roof,blackdiamond discs and pads,Hybrid K04 with uprated actuators ,Rs4 clutch custom lightweight flywheel, esp lightweight pulley set ,Rs4 intake pipes ,rs4 mounts ,full samco hose set,F-hose delete ,BMC carbon induction, full stainless exhaust with de cat pipes, custom chip,18"ultra lights,LED rear clusters,6000k xenons ,LED sides,KW coilovers,powerflex bushes ,Boost guage in pillar pod,isotta steering wheel and gearknob,B&M short shifter

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

Status
    ill give it a go.if i make a hash of it i can get one at the scrapie.if it works its a free fix anyway and that cant be a bad thing.

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

Status
    just done this and i dont have the flashing warning now so i can see the mpg etc but the abs light is still on and i have no abs.anybody any idea why that would be?

6th Gear

Status
    Check Vagcom. It may just be a code that needs clearing down once you've refitted the ABS ECU. I cleared all my codes when I re-fitted my fixed unit just as matter of course.
    Mo power, mo problems

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

Status
    before i had a had a go at fixing it the abs would work sometimes but not often,now the light is on all the time and no abs but the centre display shows no (!) flashing all the time.seems funny its not giving me the warning with the abs light.

Stoned As Fuk

Status
    if your getting an error on your LCD dash then your gonna need a new brain. easy job to do yourself. the abs light on the cluster prob means you also have a abs speed sensor gone as well. Again you'd be better of VAGCOMing the car to see what it says

got a laptop?

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

Status
    it did have it on the lcd screen so i soldered it like the link earlier but now its just the light on and no warning on the lcd.