abs module diy fix?

ian52

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow
Reaction score
is there a way to fix the abs module yourself?i know i can send it away and get it done for £100 but if its just soldering surely it can be done at home?

i got a ABS brain from a old pump at a breakers. £35 lighter and one working abs system

thats great,i dont even need to take the pump out so no bleeding brakes etc.i will give it a go soon.

its proper hard man , its so tiny like smaller that a mobile phone board ish

ill give it a go.if i make a hash of it i can get one at the scrapie.if it works its a free fix anyway and that cant be a bad thing.

just done this and i dont have the flashing warning now so i can see the mpg etc but the abs light is still on and i have no abs.anybody any idea why that would be?

Check Vagcom. It may just be a code that needs clearing down once you've refitted the ABS ECU. I cleared all my codes when I re-fitted my fixed unit just as matter of course.

before i had a had a go at fixing it the abs would work sometimes but not often,now the light is on all the time and no abs but the centre display shows no (!) flashing all the time.seems funny its not giving me the warning with the abs light.

if your getting an error on your LCD dash then your gonna need a new brain. easy job to do yourself. the abs light on the cluster prob means you also have a abs speed sensor gone as well. Again you'd be better of VAGCOMing the car to see what it says

got a laptop?

it did have it on the lcd screen so i soldered it like the link earlier but now its just the light on and no warning on the lcd.