Rear Exhaust question

mattv6

Reaction score
Evening Chaps.

I want twin exhausts on my 1999 A4 one wont be a problem where the standard exhaust is now but how easy is it to have one the other side again a twin exhaust I know a guy that has done exhausts on previous cars so I am pretty sure he can do it but will it fit without to much messing around, will there be enough room for the back box? and whats the easiest way to cut the plastic trim to match the standard side.

Hope this makes sense.

Many thanks chaps.

Matt

i have a quad system on my 99 s4 advant (two twin pipes) a couple of people have asked for pics as to how its been done. car going in for mot next week will be getting pics while on ramp so look out for a post next week detailing how mine looks

so your the one....

look forward to the pics, take its a custom system..?

And a guy over on RS246 had RS6 pipes (one oval pipe each side) done on his.

MIJ have quoted £329.98 for rear quad exhausts which I am pretty happy with to be honest thats including vat and fitting.

I think I may be taking a trip to Walsaw in the near future.

Cheers all

Matt.

I paid a lot more for my quad at MIJ, but that was downpipe back, it's gone now though cos they didn't make it big enough, they made it 2.5" in a single pipe, needs to be at least 3" on an S4, but should be ok on an A4. I did however find it was way too loud after some time cos there was only a centre box, no back boxes. There work was very good, but did develop a nasty sounding raspy "nova" sounding noise, due to the tightness of the bends we reckoned afterwards. There is some info on the thread about my system mentioned before, but I did recently remove some of the pics from my photobucket account. If you want the underside shots have a search on rs246.com for the other guys quad/twin system.

Here it is:

http://rs246.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=64337&highlight=twin+exhaust

His box is a lot bigger then mine, and does come out of the back already split, mine came out a single exit then split, this may make a difference. i did find with MIJ you really had to push to get what you want, they seemed to prefer to build what was easiest for them, just don't want yours to end up sounding like mine, all raspy and nasty, bit hollow sounding now I look back, looked good, didn't sound quite right. Be interested to hear and see electricracers.

Here's mine:

http://uk.youtube.com/results?search_query=mij+quad+s4&search_type=&aq=f

Alright mate I really like your quad pipes they will be the ones that I go for I have already printed the pitcure out to take with me when I go, and I actually like the sound I think maybe its a little to loud for the family I dont really mind if its a little loud I had a fully decatted Wrx Wagon before the A4 so I am fully used to loud.

Cheers mate I really appreciate your help.

Matt.

They did do a 2 different sets of the slightly staggered twins I went for, as they matched the curve of my bumper, I had the bigger set, they do a smaller pair if they suit the look you want a bit better. Good luck with it, hope it comes out good for you.

PS. Can't beat the sound of a de-catted scooby, one rolls past my house every night, love it, I will have one one day just for that noise!

Cheers for the advice mate.

The only reason I bought the Scooby was the noise from the flat 4 no other reason I dont really like the stigma attached to them, also the interior is pretty dam awful.
But the sound was wow mad I loved it,

Cheers mate.

Matt.

The 1 thing that put me off scoobys, they're everywhere! Too common for me, so I bought an evo 6! Then a house, so my baby went. :(