Speed
Manifold pressure
Command Pressure
Air intake temp (post turbo)
Water temp
Exhaust temp
Oil Temp
Lambda

I have a customer who wants to fit a "liquid" gauge but have not tried one on a S4 before, so am not sure what will or won't work.

Good news, if there is anyone in the Dunfermline/Edinburgh area with a B5 A4/S4 who is willing to give up 10 mins, I would be interested to hook up a liquid gauge to try it out.

PM me if interested

My brothers in livingston and has an S4...

He might be interested, what does hooking up the guage involve and what does it do?

It plugs into the diagnostics port and then does the following.

Features

Main Menu

Gauge Display
Graph Display
G force
Speed timing
Faults and adaptations
Setup

Sub Menus

Gauge Display
Engine power
Torque
Boost pressure
Cmd pressure
Mass Air Flow
Air Fuel Ratio
Air intake temp
Exhaust temp
Coolant temp
N75 position

Graph data
Engine power
Torque
Boost pressure
Cmd pressure
Mass Air Flow
Air Fuel Ratio
Air intake temp
Exhaust temp
Coolant temp
N75 position
Missfire

Dyno plot
Timing Correction

G - Force Display

Bar Graph

Left
Right
Acceleration
Deceleration

Speed timing
0-60mph acceleration timing

0-100mph acceleration timing

Faults and Adaptations
Display and Erase Fault Codes

Big turbo setting for up to 500hp engines
English and German language versions
Imperial or Metric units

Damn, you're way too far away for me to come see you, but I'd be interested to see how well this works on an S4 too, keep us updated.

thats is a cool sounding toy! is it just for S4`s or can 1.8 turbos play as well?

Yes, you can see all of those readings using Vagcom, although in order to show EGT readings the ECU needs to be modified.

I'll be up in Edinburgh over xmas if you're patient!!!

These were originally sold for TT's, so will work for 1.8t's and various other VAG motors, the problem comes with the OBD2 port, I've tried a few OBD ran diagnostics tools like this and not many worked due to the age of my car, 1998, there were changes in the pin layout and number of pins over time, newer cars run most things, older ones not so much, can't remember dates though, 1999 onwards knowing my luck!

And looking at racediagnostics fitment list for this, you've guessed it, the earliest they list is 1999! But be nice to try on an older model, see how it works.

My brothers in livingston and has an S4...

He might be interested, what does hooking up the guage involve and what does it do?

What year is his car, I tried an A4 1.8T B6 model today which was incompatible, I think that it will only be the B5 models which are compatible right now.

Next year the B6,7 models will be supported.

If it is a B5 I would be interested in meeting up.

The liquid does not use the OBD2 protocol since it can not get info like boost info from the car. Most VAG cars up to 2004/5 use a proprietary protocol called KW1281, this is what VAG_COM uses to read block data. the liquid uses the same method.

If you get this working for the newer models it will sell like wildfire, I'd defo have one to replace my drivers side air vent on my B7 TDI

There are just not enough hours in the day, next year I will release an update to support all of the VAG group newer models.

I did the older ones first as it tends to be the owners of cars aged 3 to 5 years plus, that are most interested in moding, and that my car which was the test car was an older one so was easier to start with.

As above think you can get all those readings, with the exception of EGT on a pre facelift car. Although I beleive MRC Tuning can enable this.

Make something suitable for a B5 S4 and I'm sure there will be lots of takers.

So can I run one of these on my 1998 pre-facelift S4? V interested. I noticed you list em for a 1999 S4, is this for facelift only?

As above think you can get all those readings, with the exception of EGT on a pre facelift car. Although I beleive MRC Tuning can enable this.

Make something suitable for a B5 S4 and I'm sure there will be lots of takers.

I would be interested in this (B5 MY2000 S4)

I'm in talks with racediagnostics about how this will run on my pre-facelift 1998 S4, he gave me the details of what to check using vag-com, emailed them results of what I found, so waiting to hear back from them.