Fishscale interior trim

voteforpedro

Reaction score
Those strips that go around the dashboard and doors. Are they the most horrid variety? :s

How would I go about priming them to paint? Will plastic primer do the job?

Best ones to paint are the wood versions - wood from a plastic tree, that is.

I'd get them rubbed down, primed, and paint in Piano Black.

oooohhh are they really... i have that plastic wood! hmmmm... what you paint em with?

The plastic tree is a very rare and only found in small remote parts of Toy Town.

You want Carbon Fibre Mr Alpine sir, you know it makes sense

indeed i do matey... its finding a full trim for less than a price of a small village is the problem!! :)

if you ever break yours i will cry!! but cheers! dont forget that ko4!!! lol :)

i think mine has the "fishscale", and i quite like it, certainly prefer it to the fake wood which makes it look like some old rover :p

Obviously the carbon/piano black/alu ones are a bit nicer, but its certainly not the worst in my book!

I have wood. Literally.

My car gives me wood.

Never mind. I thought it was funny.

Aaaanyway, the plasti-wood faux-tree came-from-out-of-a-tap-at-ICI stuff is in mine, and I actually like it. Combined with the Tungsten leather and my oh-so-wonderful front armrest... Besides I'm really strange, and am 27 years old going on 70.... The other day I flicked from CD1 to CD5, from Dr Dre to a nice bit of Pink Floyd.....

Beyond help.

I have wood. Literally.

My car gives me wood.

Never mind. I thought it was funny.

Aaaanyway, the plasti-wood faux-tree came-from-out-of-a-tap-at-ICI stuff is in mine, and I actually like it. Combined with the Tungsten leather and my oh-so-wonderful front armrest... Besides I'm really strange, and am 27 years old going on 70.... The other day I flicked from CD1 to CD5, from Dr Dre to a nice bit of Pink Floyd.....

Beyond help.

lol

i got the wood coz my fish scale trim was scratched up. went to breakers to get new set and the only 1 i found was wood! theres my story!! i may attempt to mod it soon!

This is what I have and I think it's excellent. Fake wood & real leather? Why? Really hate wood in an Audi, don't think it was available for the TT with good reason - it's hideous. Hate fake carbon, it's been so overdone, hate fake tits as well come to think of it. Is there anything good about "fake" anything?
DarkAllyTrim.jpg

i think it looks nice... just a shame mine was all scrached up! :(

I mite do somthing completly different with mine, perhaps a matalic black look. hehe!

This is what I have and I think it's excellent. Fake wood & real leather? Why? Really hate wood in an Audi, don't think it was available for the TT with good reason - it's hideous. Hate fake carbon, it's been so overdone, hate fake tits as well come to think of it. Is there anything good about "fake" anything?
DarkAllyTrim.jpg

Aye thats the stuff.
BTW fake tits aint that bad lol

What's good about fake tits? You obviously have never felt any!
The only one I can think of it faux/fake fur that has any positives.

well unless your a homosexual andymac i think we all assumed that minor fact! lol

Eh? So you're saying you want a boob job on yourself Z82? Thought MOOBS were a subject of ridicule not an item on your Xmas list!

Umm I'm sure somewhere in the universe that makes sense, meanwhile back on planet earth......

thing that makes me laugh is you dont even realise your being mugged off!!! z82 is scratching his head to your quote!! ROFL!!

Why must it be you always to down on a light harted joke!! We were having fun with our tittys b4 you came along and got all grandad over it!! lol

faux tits. that's really funny.
Or maybe faux boobs?
Either way - it's always a pleasure to read a post that contains guys talking about fake wood and fake boobs in the same vehicular modifying forum. Makes you really appreciate the internet.

Incidently - I think the fishscale trim is cool, retro like Space 1999 or Blakes7....

Why must it be you always to down on a light harted joke!! We were having fun with our tittys b4 you came along and got all grandad over it!! lol

I think it was actually me who brought the subject up, you're welcome......

Fishscale is definately the coolest. I bought a set for our B6 and it transformed the interior from the plasticky soul/piano black that was in there originally.

i have the alu trim, looks great but the drivers door trim is quite dented from what looks like careless unbuckling of seat belt, allowing metal clip bit to smack/dent it. i would look into a replacement but have a feeling audi price would be high! also like the fishscale stuff. had wood in my s6, hated it at first (too rover-esk) but grew on me in the end and actually suited the car.

im in the proceeds of having custom trim made up!! watch this space!