Max airflow?

Lee Goodall

Reaction score
Anybody know the max intake airflow for an unmodified AEB engine?

Just out of interest any airflow results from modified cars too?

well from memory the g/s reading from the AFM in vagcom signifies about 80% of the engines power

ie craigs S4 peaked at 210g/sec and 210 / 0.8 = 262.5 (hp)

so a standard AEB making 150hp should peak around 120g/s

Yeah that's the equation I was using.. got my girlfriend reading mine on a full throttle run but she was more concerned about me hitting other cars in the process so I wasn't convinced that she was reading it correctly ha.

..obviously I mean other cars on the private road!

you can press a button to make it log the data to a file then you can look at it afterwards...

It was a bit disconcerting in the S4 watching the laptop screen as he was doing full throttle runs in 3rd, but with the logging you can just click go then accellerate and it records it all for you :)

Its rather cool in that you can get it logging the intake air temp, ingition ******, boost pressure etc and look over it all afterwards to review the data!

also you need to use a higher gear like 3rd or 4th as you'll find your thru 2nd so quickly it might not have time to update properly.

Yeah I measured it at full throttle in 4th.. as you said in 1st and 2nd the reader doesn't register quick enough.

ah! you should have been buying the laptop i had on ebay then! cheap ebay cable and that laptop would have had you a nice little setup!

Saying that the **** from ebay hasnt actually paid me for it, so if your interested i could probably do a deal with you for it.

Yeah.. I did actually bid on it mate ha but thought it would be unfair to ask you for a preferential 'mates rate'. Already got two leads USB and serial.

Oh yeah I forgot to say..

I got 130g/sec so over 160hp.. at full throttle although peak boost is much lower down the rev range.

That's with a handful of mods but no remap (still!!!) yet.

how much did you bid? It went for £62, ive sent a second chance offer to the guy who was just under that (£60) but ive heard nothing from him

Offer around £55ish+post and I'll sort the laptop out with windows and vagcom too for ya.

My max was only £45 + delivery.. obviously why I didn't win!

Errmmm let me have a think as I need a new radiator and a wing mirror too.

You got yourself a deal.. paypal payment ok? If so do you want to PM me your details.

Nice one mate.