Tyre Pressure

duane

Reaction score
What is the correct tyre pressure for standard 17" S4 wheels i've been told 36 front 34 rear is this right? thanks.

i would say 32 all the way around, not sour about the exact psi but with quattro or any four wheel drive tire pressure should normally be the same all front and back

Here's a quote from a previous post on another forum that sums up the tire pressure question very well.

"You are fine up to the maximum cold pressure listed on the sidewall.

Audi recommends a low pressure to provide a better ride (thus making the car feel better). Increasing the pressure will give you better fuel economy and handling at the expense of ride. If you run too high you'll "round the tires" and run only on the center of the tread.

37 psi should be near perfect. I run 38 on the street and 42 on the track."

By the way: You should always run the same pressure front and rear on quattros.

Chaps dont forget that there is two sets of tyre pressure one for the car driving upto three passengers which in my car inside the filler cap is 32psi front and back and upto four people in the car is 36 at the front 34 at the back. My tyre size is 225/45/17.

[ QUOTE ]
FOLLOW ME said:
Chaps dont forget that there is two sets of tyre pressure one for the car driving upto three passengers which in my car inside the filler cap is 32psi front and back and upto four people in the car is 36 at the front 34 at the back. My tyre size is 225/45/17.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not to be repetitive, but that is Audi's recommendation. They want you to have a comfortable ride.

so what I am I looking at, 37psi front & back, on a 1 owner driven 2000 S4?

Try 35 all around and see if you like it. If it's too soft or you want to "feel" the road and have better response, then go up to 38. I run with 38 and don't mind the loss of comfort - it's minimal to me.