want to update my B5

microracer24

Reaction score
Hey all I am new to this forum and a proud new owner of a '96 A4 2.8 Quattro. I want to update it a bit; was thinking S4 front bumper/side skirts and new style headlamps with xenon setup. I just need a bit of direction with what i need in the way of parts and such. I have been looking around and have not come across anything terribly helpful. I would greatly appreciate some links that would help with parts necessary and any mods that may be needed. Thanks in advance. :)

All i can say mate is ebay. Look for Halo front lamps, i have these on mine, they got Xenons, angel eyes and are black inners. For the rear FK do a nice set. (as shown on my car some where on the forum)

If its a N reg car, i would crawl round it and check all the commom things like Front arms are not worn etc B4 you start putting S4 bits on it. Finding Genuine S4 Parts is a bitch as well, When you do find em they aint cheap.

hope this helps... and welcome to the forum!

Fisrtly welcome to the forum.

The case isn't what can you do but what you want to do. You can't go far wrong doing the facelift lamp thing.

Mine before
RS4grill-1.jpg

And after
Newhead1.jpg

Big improvement I think.

S4 bumper looks superb but there is also a bumper from Dietrich (spelling) which is very RS4esque and looks harder than a Rotweiler with PMT.

DietrichRS4alike.jpg

Welcome!

^^^I was gonna say what he said, as that's my noggy S4!^^^

Thanks for the help guys, its much appreciated! I live in the U.S. so Euro stuff is hard to come by. First, can you tell me who makes those headlights and if they are a direct hookup for a '96 model? Second, is that Dietrich bumper fiberglass or ABS? It looks awesome! Also what is the best thing to do about side skirts...S4 factory or are there some GOOD quality aftermarket that look the same? The last is the rear bumper, I cant find an aftermarket one that looks good, they all hang down too low for my liking. I REALLY like the stock S4 kit. Thanks to all for the help :)

to fit facelift head lights to a 96 you will need to modify the wing slighly to make them fit. Its easy to do (so i have heard) if you want some direct fits there are some nice 2 piece sets also. :)

like mine pictured.

gmanaudi7.jpg

gmanadui.jpg

15052008277.jpg

Thanks Alpine, big help! Nice headlights...the ones on the car aren't bad either :). Those are the ones you said were made by Halo? Or is that the style not company? Still new to all the terminology. Also can anyone tell me how the quality is on the S4 replica rims that are sold on eBay? They look really nice but pics dont mean much.

the facelift ones are pretty easy to fit, you need to remove a lip at the edge of the wing, i did it with a grinder, however some people use a dremel or similar.

I personally find the proper facelift lamps nicer than the aftermarket ones, but thats all down to personal preference.

I joey modded mine before i fitted them, pics here:

http://lr90.org/Audi/lights

The Dietrich bumper is fibreglass, you can get it in the US, have a seach on audizine, they'll be able to help you on there.

As for a rear I can't find ****** all nice, and not many,sideskirts either, not if you wanna keep the OEM look anyway.