Operation German Missle

INA

http://www.inaengineering.com
Reaction score
Just thought I would share some eye candy with Audi-sport forum members.This time around the 12V lump was outdated and had to go so a 24V was on call.What you are about to witness is the birth of JDM destruction....no more will the people talk about Supra's or Skylines....its time for A4's and Passat's!
As you can see Javad & crew @ 034 really go balls out when it comes to this type of work and I am proud to be affiliated with them.
Enjoy!

2931cc 24V Engine said:
Project Specs:
ENGINE:
* Lower Half : The Block & Oiling system
- BDF Block bored to 83mm + align honed Main's
- 83mm 9.0:1 JE Pistons
- 90.3mm OEM Crankshaft
- 034 Motorsport Forged Rods + ARP bolts
- ARP Main studs
- 034 Motorsport ARP head studs
- 034 Motorsport Coated connecting rod & Main bearings
- 034 Motorsport VW Touareg modified oil pan
- 034 Motorsport Custom 12-lb Aluminum Flywheel
- 034 Motorsport Custom starter Motor
* Upper Half : The Head
- R32 Cylinder Head - Given 034 Motorsport Stage-3 porting Job
- Stock Intake Valves
- Stock Exhaust Valves
- 034 Motorsport High-Rate Valve spring & Ti Retainers
- OEM Lifters
- Techtonics Tuning 264/260 Camshafts

* Ignition,Turbo,Intake & Fueling System:
- 034EFi Stage IIc SEM system +4Bar Map sensor
- (6) 034EFi HO Direct Fire Coils
- 034 Motorsport Plug Wires
- Garret GT4508R Turbocharger
- 034 Motorsport Tubular manifold
- 034 Motorsport Oil + Coolant supply/return kit
- TiAL 44mm Wastegate
- TiAL 50mm Blow-Off Valve
- 034 Motorsport Custom intake manifold
- Mustang 75mm Throttle Body
- 034EFi VR6 Fuel Rails
- 034 Motorsport Fuel Pressure Regulator
- (6) PRIMARY - Seimens 630cc Injectors (stock location)
- (6) SECONDARY - RC Engineering 1000cc Injectors
- (2) Bosch 044 MS Fuel pumps

(click images for larger resolution)

WOW! that looks the dogs! what are the expected figures and times?

is it available to buy? is it drop in or is major modification required to make it all fit?

is this Issam from INA Engineering?

Yes, R32 is based on the original VR6 12V.

Very different from the 3,189cc wide angle V6 in the longitudonally-mounted model Audi's.

mental. What about the Engine in the TTv6? is that a proper V6 unit or a VR6 too?

Seems a bit silly developing two 3.2L 6cyl engines for what is in effect the same platform?!

The 2,7 Biturbo V6 is a regular 90 degree V6.

I know, it sounds crazy having 2 similar engines.

Audi 2,8 V6 = 174PS
VW 2,8 VR6 = 174PS

Audi 3,2 V6
VW 3,2 VR6

The 90 degree V6 was developed by Audi, and was first used in the C4 Audi 100, the 2,8 V6 itself was a development of the 90 degree V8 developed in 1988 for the original Audi V8 3,6.

The 15 degree VR6 was developed by Volkswagen, and was designed for transverse installation, hence the compact dimensions.

The Audi versions of the 2,8 developed more torque than the VR6 with the same displacement, though nominal hp output remained the same.

The 2,9 VR6 developed more power than the 2,8 Audi unit at 190PS, but the torque of the Audi 174PS unit was still higher.

As for platforms, they couldn't be more different.

VR6 are designed for transverse platforms, V6 for longitudonal ones.

Siena: sorry i was referring the the V6 motor fitted to the TT

TT uses the same drivetrain as the Golf and A3 afaik?

seems a bit odd that they'd put a development of the VR6 lump into the golf and then use a totally different motor in the TT instead of saving money by using the same engine in both...

EDIT: Seems the TT does actually use the VR6 lump! That explains my confusion then!

that turbo is going to eat the headlight!! looks impressive

is a GT45 on a 2.9l not going to give you huge top end but with a near vertical torque curve after say 5000rpm. lag could be fiece even with a twin scroll
will the engine rev high enough to keep that thing fed? what are you expecting to rev to?

Just out of interest, how do you feed three runners into two ports on the twin scroll turbine housing, does that not create a pulse interference
with a firing sequence of 1, 5, 3, 6, 2, 4 , shouldn't 1,5,3 feed into one side of the turbine housing and 6,2,4 feed into the other. or was the packaging in the engine bay just too tricky?

not trying to be an *** but as I re-read what I wrote it is coming across that way.
looks awesome, just interested and trying to learn some more

wouldnt you want to try to keep the flow thru both sides of the scroll as even as possible, doing 153 / 642 would mean you;d get a long pulse to one scroll then a long pulse to the other....

if you put every other cylinder in the firing order into one side and the rest into the other, ie 132/564 then you've got much more even flow thru both scrolls which is surely better than sequentially using one then the other?

As you say though, the engine will likely do very little below around 5krpm, most engines tuned to that power level are the same, be it a cossie, skyline or 1.8T

I've seen power graphs of motors whose power output increases by 300hp in a few hundered RPM

yeah, possibly, can't say I know much about the physics of twin scroll other than it is designed to maximise flow through reduced reversion of exhaust gas pulse up the opposite runner.

its why 1,4 and 2,3 are always together on 421 manifolds for 4 cylinder I just figured it would be the same for 6.

I can't see 3 runners split across two inlets on the twin scroll housing being efficient though.
in that picture the inlets run up and down, wheras the three runner wide collector runs front to back.

sure there is a reason ...

firing order on a 4 cyl is 1342 though so putting 14 together and 23 together on a four pot would be the same as 132/564 on the VR6. IE every other firing cycle down the same port...

ah.....thought there was something off somewhere with my thought process

is it available to buy? is it drop in or is major modification required to make it all fit?

is this Issam from INA Engineering?
Hello,thats me
Yes it is available to buy but I do not want to discuss pricing or whatever on the forum as I am waiting for a reply from Admin :D

I didnt realise the R32 was a VR6 based motor, I thaught it was a proper V6!
It is a proper V6 :p

Well its not, it has one cylinder head, and a streight-6 firing order.

It really should be called a staggered inline-6 rather than a V anything (because thats what it is) although the name "VR6" comes from the german words V-Motor and Reihenmotor (meaning streight engine) so even ze germans think its some kinda half way house!

Does the engine bolt directly to the Audi transmission?

Also, if your aiming for 1100hp, as the turbo selection would suggest, why didnt you fit a V8 and a pair of GT30/35's?, I'd imagine the V8 would be under less stress making 1100hp since its got a whole extra 1400cc's, which means you could probably turn the wick up some more and get a bigger figure?

i need that manifold to head flange where can i get one made up in the uk in stainless

contact bill brockbank at Badger5, he has a great design and will do you a flang in 10mm stainless for any tubular build. (assuming you are talking 1.8t)

Yes, Brockbank's been in the scene for a while.

I remember the days of his Jetta II 16V on throttle bodies.

IMAGE_006.jpg

this is the flange I got from him, very well made, laser cut 10mm 304SS
has excellent clearance between the ports. lot of stainless flanges aren't designed very well and can stress with heat causing warping and leakage.

You goiing with a IHI turbo Ed looks like the IHI flange how much did you pay for your flange mate.

we have just got our new Tig welder now so i cant wait to start making manifolds in house. so much neater than mig.

was going IHI, now going GT2871.
too many stories of turbo housings melting at 380+bhp figures

anyone want an IHI flange!?

those three bits for £100, bit steep but they are sooooo much better than some of teh sh1t out there.
laser cut, 10mm 304ss

got myself a TIG too, using that merge collector with a Tial Vband exhaust housing and the head flange

WHAT THE !
THAT TURBO IS HALF THE SIZE OF THE ENGINE

I must missed this read through thread what car is that engine from?:keule: