fitting a decat??

fatal8446

Reaction score
hi guys, right ive done a search and cant find what i need, im fitting a decat pipe and have heard that it may put my ecu light on, why is this and what can i do to stop this happening??

:yes:

not sure about ecu light on but car will fail mot if emissions are to high of course so means you have to keep refittting for the mot, all be it once a year lol

i couldnt be bothered with that so had hi flow cats fitted to my 2.8qs had them fitted by mij when they built my full system

Not too bad to fit just a bit awkward there is one nut that you can barely turn just takes lots of small movements but you wil get there.
No ecu problems.
Make sure you get new audi gaskets as the ones with mine failed with the heat.
I might have a pdf about it somewhere cant remember where i downloaded it from, will have a look when i get home from work

depends on the age of the car, later ones have 2 O2 sensors and decatting will put the ecu light on as the emissions the sensor after the cat reads will be wrong

Found that pdf guide if you want its very good.
I think it was "billybravo"s car used for it think he was testing for them?
If you want it let me know.

i've got a gutted cat i removed from my car this week for its MOT.

Its from a '96, should fit any AEB engined car.

The car defo feels down on power too now i've fitted a real cat again :(

If your interested PM me!

right guna have to hold off from fitting this till i get back from my bussiness trip after christmas, as it looks like if i were to undo the link pipe to drop the cat away, it would disintergrate. so stainless here i come (well in january) guna get one made by powerslow probably as ive been quoted £300 for a cat back. i love having discounts at places like that.