S4 Suspension upgrade, with pics!

CraigG

Reaction score
evening all,

just been out taking some 'finished' shots of the car, with its new suspension.

went for new uprated front arms from Meyle. Bilstien Sport dampers(thanks Siena!) and some Eibach Pro springs(20mm).

heres a before pic just after i got the car:

my.php

the Meyle kit:

One side getting done, yummy 'ring bilsteins:

struts back on:

Junk that came off:

quick pic when we finished the front:

That was enough for one days work, took around 6-7hours to get both fronts done. the problematic top pinchbolts had been soaked in WD40 for 2weeks, and thankfully just poped right out. most of the time was spent on the first side, second side seem to fly together, but then we knew what we were doing for that.

last weekend we got the rear done, nice and quick, took us 1-2 hours.
heres the finished results:

Rear is sitting abit high, but i can live with abit of rake. i got springs for a TDI quattro avant, as they best matched the spring rates eibach listed for the S4 saloon. slightly stiffer on the rear.

couple more things i wanna do, some wheels (im thinking some Porsche Cup3's) smoked facelift front lights, supersprint exhaust some B7 RS4 brakes.... (does the list ever end?....)

HUGE thanks to Kev aka 'Aragorn' for helping me fit everything.

also like to thank Siena and DeltaVAG for sourcing me the bilsteins, excellent service, excellent communication.

Glad you're pleased with the Bilsteins, Craig!

i suspect had we ordered the saloon springs instead of the avant ones you wouldnt have had that slight rake, but meh its not that bad.

You can always take the grinder to them and remove 1/4 of a coil or something! :p

how do you fit porsche wheels? would you use adaptors ? or change hubs/ discs to porsche? the same as rs2. i only ask cos if its simple i have a set of cup 3s in the garage

HnR do adaptors, about 100quid per axel. you would need 4 front wheels tho, as you aint getting 10" wheels under the rear.

I reckon 10x18s will squeeze on the rear at least with a reasonable stretch on the tires, if you like that sort of thing, I'm busy squeezing 9x19s on mine tomorrow, pics to follow!