HID Advice!

DriveByShooters

Editor Audi-Sport.Net Magazine
Reaction score
Looking to put a HID bulb kit in my A4 B5. Is there anything i should look for in a kit?

And am i right in thinking, the higher the "k" number, the bluer the light and in turn the less use they are.

Will i have problems with plastic headlights and heat etc?:uhm:

You are correct on the Kelvin number. The OEM colour is 4300k, i have found 6000k to be as blue as is useful.

The plastic lenses causes no problems as the HIDs run cooler

Thats cool (pardon the pun)...i know the early HID's weren't to be used with plastic lens but that was some time ago.

I think you're right in going for the 6000k....they seem to be the brightest you can get. 3x brighter than halogens apparently.

I personaly having tried both temps, prefer the whiter light afforded by the 4300ks. We have 6000ks in the A3 and although much better than normal bulbs, there is more light available from the A4 with 4300ks.
PS Where is the gallery?

I have 6000k in mine here is h7 on left hid on right
hid1.jpg

I wouldn't go higher than 4,300k either.

any reputable kits?, I tried to by some OEM HID but the bast@rd on RS246 stiffed me on the money and has yet to return it!

I'd also like to know how OEM facelift HID's compare to a set of facelift halogens retrofitted with a (good) HID kit, and which HID kits are worth the money...

I'm wondering if the projectors are different at all meaning the OEM HID's gives a better beam pattern...