1.8 T lump wanted

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
think my engines gonna die soon. sounds very ill. its close to 153000 miles now, turbos a prise C**t and it either a new lump or a new car.

Sounding like a diesel, it deffo has a machanical "dank dank dank dank" sound to it. its not the hydro lifters its a deeper heavyer sound than that.

just wonder if some one could tell me how much i would be looking at buying an engine and if its worth doing.

Cheers peeps :(
:keule::keule::keule::keule::keule::keule::keule::keule::keule::keule::keule:
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

yeah speak to doc, i'm sure he'd welcome a good owner for this lump and a bit of cash too....

Sounding like a diesel, it deffo has a machanical "dank dank dank dank" sound to it. its not the hydro lifters its a deeper heavyer sound than that.

where's the noise coming from? top or bottom end? if it's top end is it from the back or front of the engine? any other symptoms?

if it's top end and towards the rear it could be the cam chain tensioner, maybe? £300 from audi for a new part, plus gaskets & fitting. (i got mine from usa ebay for half the price though :))

could also be oil pump or sludge on the oil pickup pipe causing low oil pressure?

certainly both of these are reasonably easy and inexpensive to fix. good luck.

I have an engine for sale complete apart from turbo/cat and coil packs.