CAR RUINED

AUDI TURBO

Reaction score
Not only was clutch, fly wheel absoultley shot to bits the gear box ruined aswell. so thats it aint it the car not worth doing . 1 year ived owned this car and over 2k spent on it and now it ruined. im gutted:3sadwalk:

thats a real shame, like i said see if there is a good one, swap your bits to it, and it may work out cheaoer?

Nightmare !!! Sounds like you got a bit of a pup from start. You gonna stick with Audi or look for a different brand ?

What exactly's wrong with the car?

What's busted on the box?

A box wont run you more than £100 plus a new clutch. Not worth writing the car off for that little money especially as you have spent so much already.

Whats up with the 'box? As they honestly don't give up that often. There are cars running 500bhp on std boxes

the symptoms he gave when he mentioned the clutch failing sounded to me like the gearbox, but the fact your getting a speedo output would imply that the gears themselves are fine and its likely the diff thats fubar

As people have said though, a gearbox costs buttons, and changing the box is no more difficult than changing the clutch!

You could quite easily go buy another car for a whole pile of stuff to break on that too!

These things happen. I ended up changing two calipers, a set of disks and pads on the rear of mine not long after i got it becuase of a siezed handbrake actuator on one side and a bent slider on the other (ie nothing wrong with the second caliper)

i know how ya feel mate.. my engine has a horrid noise sounds like a derv motor. (i think my bottom ends on way out)

thinking do i get it fixed or get a new engine fitted. (prob the best idea tbh)

dont give up on it mate, the ammount of money these ****** cars cost you will be throwing away a load of money. As said, your next car could be as much as a **** as the a4.

my turbo is still not doin as its ment to im gettin the hump with it every time i drive it, but... is it worth selling it to have the same dramas else where??

f*kin cars... i hate to love em!

it passanger diff shot to bits, gearbox oil like black syrup and full off metal filings. need gearbox ASAP. Im sticking with audi i think. like said ive put to much work, effot and dosh into her and i do have soft spot. plus with the chance of big turbo upgrade woohoo

the bolt pattern is different, but some of the boxes have both bolt patterns, people use the 2.5 TDI 6 speed box on 1.8T's for example

ALL A4 manual tranny's have the SAME bellhousing bolt pattern - I4, V6 and V8.

The modular bellhousing first appeared in the B4 Audi 80/90/Coupe range, with the 01A/012 tranny.

The B5 cars carried on, with the 012 range, B6/B7 with the 012/01X range.

ALL direct fit.

FUNDS thats my problem. there so much work needed im going to have to take off road whil i save and get it sorted. it needs over a 1k of work doing to her......... just what i need before my holiday :( missus not happy

My gear box is yours for £100. Just to give you an idea, you can have the clutch as well as it's relatively new.

Clutch won't fit the 1,8T.

228mm vs 240mm.

hmm fair enough that they're all the same.

I was sure you told me that the I4 was different to the I5/V6/V8 in some other thread but never mind :)

Yes, the I4 is different in that it fits the inner set of bellhousing bolt holes.

The I5/V6/V8 fit the outer set of bellhousing bolt holes.

They're the same in that they can all be bolted to the same tranny.

Think of the tranny as an aftermarket RS4 replica wheel with 2 sets of PCD bolt holes - 5x100 and 5x112.

:D ive got ya now.

Your saying all the bellhousings are the same not all the bolt patterns!

Good to know though, thanks!

I have a secondhand Southbend clutch Stage III that just need a single mass fly wheel, you can have it for what it cost me to ship over for £150.