In Search of a S4

spanny

Reaction score
Hi Guys, just thought id say hi and also say that im in search of a S4 in the not to distant future. I currently have a 57 plate ibiza cupra 20vt running revo stage 2 and will be looking at getting a place with my partner soon and because the cupra costs so much its time to save some money and downgrade, but upgrade the car at the same time ;)
Have narrowed it down to the S4 because A, its bigger than the ibiza, is faster than the cupra and the main reason is the tax will be lower than ill be paying on the cupra :)
So, thought id say hi and if anyone can advise me on any of the pro's and cons of owning the S4 then it would be greatly appreciated.
Oh and also, i have noticed that there isnt that many of them around on auto trader, piston heads or on this forum..... is that due to the age of the cars?

Regards
Daniel

hi, and welcome, im hoping to be in the market for an s4 in the not too distant future

where abouts you from

Im from Rugby in the Midlands, i dont know if you know Steve Cane with the 4**bhp audi TT but hes a mate of mine who lives in my town, and i also know Richard Washbrook pretty well too who used to work for both Revo and Forge, hes the guy that put revo stage 2 on my car for me :) Also another guy who works for revo, martyn with a white leon cupra k1 lives in the next street to me :) so its all good :)

:lol: well its only gonna be used as a weekend car, as i get a lift to work with the mrs anyways ;) already been looking at whats out there on the market tuning wise.... rs4 turbos and a fmic, full milltek and a few other tweaks here and there is probably all ill do ;)

There are/were two very nice K04'd S4's for sale on www.audisrs.com recently. One Kingfisher blue, the other Nogaro blue.

You're better off buying a car that's already modded if you intend to do it anyway.

I found that out the hard (and expensive) way.

i found it out too when i had a ibiza fr tdi which had a allard stage 2 hyrbid turbo and the works on lol.... 5k later with everything sorted i had a secret derv misslise :) that was without blowing 2 turbos on it in the time i had it.

if you get one don't bother with a revo map - turbo fairy may come a knocking sooner than anticipated...

if you get one don't bother with a revo map - turbo fairy may come a knocking sooner than anticipated...
why whats wrong with revo's mapping?? i live about 5 miles away from thee head quarters so once i got it loaded onto the ecu i would go over to them to set it up properly like they did on my cupra with live logging and then increasing boost and timing accordingly..... i see a few people use mrc for mapping, what are they like for maps?

mrc are considered the favorite - no-one knows more than those guys is pretty much the general consensus for the S/RS series. revo's are regarded / have been considered agressive remaps which can have adverse affects for this range

ah i see, will try the revo map i think, and get it set up properly at revo and see how things go with it.
cheers though