Buzzer no longer sounds when doors openand lights still on

SonicDeathmonkey

Reaction score
Not on the S4, on the Mrs Bora, but I thought someone here may know the answer...

Since she was in work, her dad took the car in for a service. She asked him to ask them to check out why the buzzer no longer sounds when she leaves the lights on(she is blond so does this a lot. I mean a LOT). So everything I know is kind of chinese whispers, from thegarage to her dad to her...

The garage sad it's something to do wth the locks, which need replacing...

Now I can't really see that, but I amprepared to be proved wrong. I have VAGCOM with an old-school ebay-lead, so can only use up to the last "free" version, if you knon wha I mean.

Anyone have any ideas where I should start?

Could it be the door switch on the drivers door not registering that it's open?

I have the same problem since the door card was taken off to repair a knackered electric window, when I take the door card off but leave it all connected and move it around the lights and buzzer does come on, but with it fixed back in position they no longer owrk, so I'm guessing there's a dodgy contact or moody wire somewhere, but I'm ******** if I can find it! Eh well, just need to remember to turn me lights off!

find the pin switch that operates the interior light and remove it from the car, take a look at the wiring behind it and the switch itself.

On some cars ive worked on previously there has been two wires, one for the lights on buzzer and one for the interior lights. The audi may not have this and it may be the courtesy light ecu that does the buzzer but have a look anyway.

Does the interior light come on when the door is opened? If there is only one wire, and the light works, then the fault must lie with the buzzer itself, the convenience ECU or the wiring from the ecu to the buzzer...

Have you changed the head unit in the car? my buzzer stopped working when i changed mine and it turned out that the wire that i thought was for the signal booster actually turned out to be something for the diagnostics. vag com didn't see it wasn't until i was looking at the standard head unit i realised. it was also stopping the alarm arming so the leds on the doors weren't flashing

i had a similar issue when i worked it halfords years ago, some guy had fitted a stereo into his brand new astra (this was circa 2002-2003) and after doing so couldnt lock the car, and came back to us claiming the stereo we sold him had broke the car...

Turned out that he'd simply jammed the original vauxhall ISO plug into the back of the head unit, and two of the pins on the original head unit plug were for the canbus, one of which was now connected to the illumination pin on the head unit.

a quick snip with the wire cutters and some insulating tape fixed the problem in that case, but that might not be the issue here