wheel help

electricracer

Reaction score
i want to change the wheels on my car 99 b5 prefacelift s4. i quit like the rs4/rs6 wheels but there seems to be loads of different ones about, what width do i need and what offset? are the rs4 and rs6 wheels the same? have seen somewhere that some oe wheels buckle easily how do i know which ones to avoid if this is the case? i would prefer some oe ones but are the copy ones any good? and finally what size is the best 18 or 19? car is running 19s at moment but would a swap down to 18s be better? help

I'd stick with 18's.

The OEM RS4 wheels come in 2 versions - regular (soft) ones, or upgraded (hard) ones.

If you really need OEM, I can get you a price tomorrow.

Saying that though, the replicas seem to be standing up well, though the Audi rings on these look pretty naff.

7,5" - 8" in 18" flavor work well, with a 35 - 38mm offset.

I have a set (5) of RS6 design OEM wheels on my B5 at the moment 8x18 ET 34 IIRC, selling them soon if you are interested

i do like the wheels on mine at the moment but the big brakes wont fit under them due to the curve of the spokes. so i think as the rs4 has bigger brakes then they will fit under them,

jcb do you have any pics? may be interested , in fact anybody got any pics to show me what they look like on a b5 my photoshop skills are a bit crap

the RS4 B5 brakes defo fit under mine....the B7's don't!! hence I am selling them.
IMAG0100.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

Those are the B7 RS4 rims.

JCB - i've seen RS6 rims over RS6+ brakes before. The RS6+ discs sit 5mm further inboard than the B7 RS4 discs and they are cheaper.

I've got a huge set of 8 pots to go on!! ha.

auroan: not sure mate, tyres have life, depends on how much you want to get out of them. wheels need a refurb, some kerbing on 3 of them. other 2 are fine. will probably sell them without tyres as the tyres are fairly low on tread and they add a shed load to shipping/storage/carriage etc.

I paid £650 for 5 with some scuffs
will probably them refurbed and then sell them
£500-550ish for the wheels and centre trims?

Those are the B7 RS4 rims.

JCB - i've seen RS6 rims over RS6+ brakes before. The RS6+ discs sit 5mm further inboard than the B7 RS4 discs and they are cheaper.

unfortunately mine are rs4 and sit behind an et 20 wheel normally.
but that is OK, had my arches pulled and rolled and have some ET24 wheels.
nice fat stance with honking great brakes

unfortunately mine are rs4 and sit behind an et 20 wheel normally.
but that is OK, had my arches pulled and rolled and have some ET24 wheels.
nice fat stance with honking great brakes

Nice. Do you have any photos with the arches rolled please?

I've got a huge set of 8 pots to go on!! ha.

theres always one, mines bigger than yours, ohh yes they are aren't they. that will give me pot envy now:think:

gallardo wheels???????????????:shrug::shrug: