Audi A4 1.6 Quattro..

daveB5

Reaction score
Just saw this ad and was wondering why it said it was quattro, I called him up and he claimed it was and that it had all the drivetrains etc. As far as I was aware there was no 1.6 quattro, had never seen or heard of one. So can any experts shed some light on this for me..?

Here's the link - http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Audi/A4/Quattro/1223708/

Probably some goon who thinks quattro is a cool buzz word to badge all over their car, unaware that it actually means AWD.

And he states it has aircon, but it doesnt,lol
Stay away !!!
Oh and min engine a quattro was even made in was 1.8t

it has the sport interior (seats, dials, steering wheel etc), which they never fitted to the 1.6 afaik

and also the exhaust has the standard 1.8T/v6 twin outlets not the single 1.6/1.8 outlet...

It also appears to be on a "99" plate yet doesnt have facelift headlights or interior, although maybe its a very early 99 car...

Its probably worth a look, however at 6 grand it seems very expensive and i suspect that something dodgy is going on with the car, very close scruitineering of the paperwork not to mention actually looking under the car for the rear diff would be an idea...

an ID check shows this:

Registration No : 99LK1178 Fueltype : PETROL Model Description : AUDI A4 1.6E Colour : SILVER Bodytype : SALOON
Perhaps its a ringer or something.

1.8T quattro fitted with number plates from a wrecked 1.6 or something similar?

They did 1.8T quattros in RoI before they released them over here, as ive seen a 1997 model previously, which would explain the non-facelift-ness of the car

A4 quattro was available as a 1,8 non-turbo too.

No 1,6 option, though pre-facelift 1,6 was available with manual aircon, of which I've seen quite a few.

Jaysus I'm not one bit interested in the car.

Have to shift my tdiq and I'm going to be looking for a 1.8TQS then.. Anyone give me some good sites to find em for sale? I know pistonheads, autotrader, carzone and classifieds here.. Where else please?

Forgot to mention I check ebay aswell.. Very few 1.8TQS for sale :(

They're quite a rare car in general, they do come up though, ive seen quite a few bargains on there too, saw a B6 1.8TQS sell for ~2.5k with a knackered oil pump. Even if it needed another engine thats still a cheap B6!

I expect you're not interested in a 1.8TqS avant? :3sadwalk:

Unfortunately not, would have no use for the avant. If I need one I'll take my dads 03 A6 1.8TQ :)

Anyone gotta any other websites they could recommend please?