boosting but no power

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH CARS DOING MY HEAD IN NOW!!!!! got boost but car aint pulling! WHAT NOW????

im gonna get the petrol and lighter out now!

when you say its boosting where are you measuring this? VAGCOM or some independant guage positioned somewhere?

Could be a boost leak causing the engine to run very rich, that would produce boost but run like crap (and probably produce black smoke too)

when you say its boosting where are you measuring this? VAGCOM or some independant guage positioned somewhere?

Could be a boost leak causing the engine to run very rich, that would produce boost but run like crap (and probably produce black smoke too)

boost gauge mate.. i can hear its boosting as it shwooshes through filter. i replaced the DV today and found a melted hose from n75 to turbo. (was to close to turbo) so replaced that also, cat see it being a boost leak as it would not boost up would it?? plus i have got good replacment hoses on the car now.

are you registering normal boost on the guage?

if there was a boost leak you'd hear the turbo ssssssswwwhhhhhhhh'ing away and would register very little boost and it would be very down on power

Isnt it a bit of a coincidence that just after messing with some boost hoses you now have no go?

Best hoses in the world aint gonna work if they're not attached tightly...

failing that i'd be looking at the pipework to and from the N75 seen as you say you've disturbed that today too...

checked all pipe work... its all on.. as is the n75. boost is reading normal. seriously.. im thinking of selling this fooking car now. time for that jap turbo i think!

whats vagcom saying?

no error codes mate

edit... used my other vag com lead.. and got this...

VAG-COM Version: Release 311.2-N
Control Module Part Number: 8D0 907 557
Component and/or Version: 1,8l R4/5VT MOTR HS D05
Software Coding: 04001
Work Shop Code: WSC 00000
3 Faults Found:
16500 - Engine Coolant Temp. Sensor (G62): Implausible Signal
P0116 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
01262 - Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75)
26-10 - Output Open - Intermittent
16486 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70): Signal too Low
P0102 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

all of which i have replaced appart from maf! :(

Alpine, you had power before though.

When did you notice the drop in performance?

Was it after you replaced the diverter valve?
Was it pulling strongly with the melted N75 hose?

Did the power loss come gradually?

Just trying to work backwards from all the items you touched today.

Are these any good??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-AUDI-A4-1-8T-MASS-AIR-FLOW-MAF-SENSOR-95-ON_W0QQitemZ140273065743QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item140273065743&_trkparms=72%3A1348%7C39%3A2%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-AUD...39:2|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Siena: power loss has been gradual since trip home from marks saturday, car went very jerky under boost when I hit M25 but I put it down to the little split boost pipe that comes from bottom of turbo, replaced that today when fitting new dump valve, power returned briefly before pretty much dissappearing altogether. It was heavily raining all the way home from marks, do u think that could have hurt the MAF?

Mine was doing something very similar a while back. I got some electrical contact spray popped the filter off and soaked the MAF before leaving it to dry fully. Once back together the annoying boost but no power was gone and it hasn't returned.

Stick with it mate, without the downs you can't appreciate the ups. And my mate found out the Jap stuff isn't without issues. £7k on Scoob and then £8k in repairs :(

As steve said Japs can be more grief the MR2 i had had a ceramic turbo shaft,and you cant have compressor stall in that at all or it snaps the shaft clean in two...

I had loads of issues with my A4 since the ol turbo melted last year, since then i replaced almost everything and only now its boosting at 14psi. Perserver with it mate and it will get sorted these are like 10 year old cars now so things do brake and need fixing.

Where about are you? I could plug my diagnostic handheld in and see whats up.. Worth a second opinion

i suggest you clear the fault codes and take it for a drive then see which return

They could easily have been left over from a previous fault and are throwing you off the track...

If those however are still there then they need fixing, it doesnt make up faults!

Alpine I don't have a spare as of yet but if you like I can hook up with you tomorrow if you want to try mine thats if it will fit.

Take a look at your spark plugs just to see the state of them.